Twelve

Hey guys!
I am here again with new update.
You're liking how the story is proceeding, right?
Because I saw yesterday there were less comments comparatively last chapters. Your comments only motivate me. So do give your precious reviews and enjoy!

_________________

Ishani kept looking at Manik like someone just threw her in a cold water pool. Neyonika intervened in between.

"Manik, behave. You can not talk to her like that." Scolded Neyonika. Manik just shook his head in denial.

"No Mom. I don't regret disrespecting her or talking with her rudely. Well, I didn't even show my rudeness yet but still. She deserves every bit of it. And yes, I won't listen to anyone regarding this matter. This woman won't go anywhere near my Nandini. I won't let her hurt her anymore. She damaged her enough. And I repeat, no one would ever interfere in this matter. NO ONE!" Warned Manik. Neyonika was about to say something but Raj held her hand and shook his head in no with a hard face. He knew his son. He won't back off. And moreover, he would have done same thing if he would have been in his place. So he will not stop him. Neyonika let out a helpless sigh.

"You can not stop me from meeting my daughter, Manik. I am her mother. Mujhe pura haq hain!" Said Ishani gathering courage while wiping her tears. Manik chuckled and clapped slowly.

"Daughter? Mother? Haq? Oh my god! Is this all real or am I dreaming? Like seriously Mrs. Murty is talking all this. Impressive! Very impressive. I am impressed by your guts ha. No, truely. After causing her so much pain and distress you still have audacity to say that you are her mother and she's your daughter? Kis mitti ki bani hain aap? Haan? Do you even realised what damage you have done to her? God! She's freaking unconscious from hours and here you're fighting with me? Uspe apna haq jata rahi hain? I can't believe this." Said Manik roaming his hand in his hairs.

"I know, I did mistake. I was at fault. I accept. But, I love her. She's my daughter, my baby. Maine 9 mahine usey apni kokh mein pala hain. I.. I gave birth to her. Meri bachhi hai voh. She's hurt and I..I wanna see her. I want to meet her. I know I did many mistakes but I am repenting. I will ask her forgiveness. I just need one chance. I would make it up to her. I.. I will never disappoint her. Please.." pleaded Ishani. Manik chuckled.

"You amaze me every single time, Mrs. Murty. No, really! And tell me one thing, did you do favour on her keeping her in your womb for 9 months? Haan? And if you had this much problem then why did you even gave birth to her dammit! Do you want something in return just because you kept her inside for 9 months? How can you even talk like that? Kaisi maa hai aap? And which mistakes? What forgiveness? And how you gonna make it up? Tell me? How? Can you return all her childhood memories back to her like the way she wanted? Can you go in flashback and change yourself? Can you vanish the pain your actions, your words, your behavior caused to her? Can you remove that horrible night out of her mind which left deep scar on her heart forever? Tell me? What all can you do to make it up to her? Tell me, Mrs. Murty? Why are you quiet now? Speak up!" Shouted Manik. A nurse came there hearing the shout.

"Please don't create nuisance over here. It is a hospital. Patients will get disturbed. And Mr. Malhotra, your wife has been shifted in ICU. You can meet her one by one. But do not disturb." Manik calmed himself down taking a deep breathe and nodded. The nurse left. He then turned to Ishani.

"Now you remember that she's your daughter and you're her mother ha? Where were you when she needed you most? Tell me? Listen, Mrs. Murty and listen to me good. Nandini is already very much broken. Don't break her more. Bahot mushkil se maut ke muh se vapas aayi hai voh. Do not dare to hurt her to this extent again. She is too weak to bear that. This time she survived, next time she won't. She can not bear your presence. She would see her failure that how couldn't she get your love throughout all these years. She would keep on blaming herself and would die in that pain. So just, stay away from her. This is not my request but a warning. Don't take it lightly. I promised Nandini to protect her from every hurt and each harm. And I can go to any extent to keep my promise. Remember that." Said Manik dangerously while Ishani shuddered on her place. She looked at her husband who just turned his face away from her. She wiped away the tears which was continuously falling on her face and looked at Manik.