Chapter 10: The Vamp Week

I had been following Maliks schedule for the past week, sleeping for four hours, eating only once, although I hadn't been able to keep down a meal at all because whenever I eat, I have to eat at the same time Malik was drinking blood.

Even the thought of somebody else's blood, inside a cup is disgusting.

I find it horrible that somebody has had their blood drained and then its been bagged up and given to every blood sucking leech that wants a snack.

I shivered at the thought of what that person must have been thinking.

"Are you cold?" Malik asked from the chair beside me.

We were sat inside his throne room on the bench, our daily routine.

I had my legs held tightly to my chest, because i hadn't eaten or sleep much I felt cold all the time.

"No, I'm fine." I lied, no emotion again.

"I expected that, 'I'm fine' your reply to everything." Malik said.

"Well, what do you expect me to say? That I'm as warm as a dessert?" I snapped, being this tired made me constantly annoyed and angry.

I felt extremely light headed, tired and hungry but I was in no rush at giving in. 

I shut my eyes for several minutes whilst Malik wasn't trying to get me to talk.

It wasn't a proper sleep, I could still hear the room around me, I could still think thoughts but it was just relaxing for my eyes to not have to be wide awake constantly.

I had been like this for the past two days, trying to close my eyes at the first chance I could but Malik would always wake me up, asking me if I was tired and saying that if I wanted to sleep I could, as long as I told him what he could do to make me not hate him.

"Candice." Malik said, gently. Here we go again.

"What?" I moaned, grumpy.

"You can go to bed as soon as you give me an answer."

"But there is nothing that I can say that you will do!" 

"So there is something then?"

"Isn't it obvious?" I said, turning to him. He just looked blank. "I want to go home."

"Oh." he said after a long pause.

"Happy now?" I asked and then turned back to facing the floor.

We sat the rest of the time in the room in complete silence.

I don't know how he couldn't understand that I didn't want to be here.

It would be obvious to anybody with half a brain that if you get kidnapped by vampires then you don't want to stay there, you want to run in the opposite direction.

That's what I would do, given the chance.

I would run for the hills, not look back, not for anybody.

I feel like anything would be worth escaping this place.

If Malik wants to drink my blood then I'll let him, as long as he lets me leave once he does.

I would do anything to escape here, just to see my family again.

If I ever get home, I'll never leave them again, I couldn't bare the thought of being away from them once more.

I'll probably of already missed my brothers wedding to his fiancée by the time I get out, I don't want to miss anything else.

Oh God, it's like being in a prison, except in prison, you aren't completely alone and you don't have the threat of angry vampires ripping your throat out.