dream of heaven.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

dream of heaven

volume one; before

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Elora had not seen Cato again after the interviews but between her newly intensified media attention and the games beginning tomorrow, she craved to spend some time with him. After Beckett had completed his interview the district four party returns to their apartment for a final dinner together. Most likely the last dinner Beckett Reed would ever experience.

The odds were not in his favour.

The temperature in the Capitol had plummeted after sunset. With autumn setting in the cool change in the air was impossible to deny. Elora would return to district four in a few weeks to uninhabitable beaches and stormy days. If she returned to district four. The goosebumps that arose on her flesh had nothing to do with the cold.

When she was a child Elora had loved the autumn breeze. On the rare days her father wasn't working they would spend time together, dancing through the streets as leaves fell around them. Now, what was once her favourite season serves as a reminder of her games, and the way the wind would bite at her skin. It cut to the bones and turned her skin a sickly shade of blue. In summer it was easy to forget.

Her heart clenched with something fierce as the gales rage on outside her window, the low whistle carrying through the silence of the night. Without another body to warm it, chill seeped into the confines of her bed quickly. The temptation to slip from the sheets and escape was overwhelming, yet she had no where to go. The rooftop was her safe place, lacking in cameras and rarely visited by tributes, it was the perfect place for a distressed victor but if she was cold in her bed she dreaded the thought of being outside.

Finnick's room was always an option but they had an unspoken agreement to spend the night before the games alone. The evening made memories emerged for the both of them, and they had never been fond of crying in front of the other. Besides, she knew the only arms she wanted to hold her belonged to the boy only two stories below.

Now was not the time to be sneaking into his bed. He had the games to focus on and would need all the strength he could manage. She had drained him enough in the past two weeks and she hated to think of the impact the emotional toll could have on his performance. She needed him alive. 

Elora was alone that night and the cold resided deep in her soul. She cried alone.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯