Chapter 46

For an instant, my fingertips flinched.

There was a lot of fog in my view that I couldn't tell even an inch ahead.

My body temperature and the pressure surrounding my skin were felt more clearly because nothing could be seen with my eyes.

Axion's back, walking ahead of her, was dimly seen in her fog.

At the very moment, the moment the thought of just using force to make the fog disappear was just passing through her head, the front of her eyes gnawed brightly.

* * *​

The sound of a pricking, crying bird, rang clear in my ears.

After the fog was cleared, I was struck by the magnificent scenery that was finally revealed.

As its name suggests, 'The Forest of the Four Seasons' took the shape of a forest.

However, the leaves that were breaking under the sunlight were all brilliant golden colours with different concentrations.

The gentle breeze with a strangely sweet scent created a dazzling golden wave and danced in an ecstasy full of sight-like waves.

The sound of the leaves holding onto the body rang as clear and transparent as a bell.

It couldn't escape from the forest, and it remained inside and echoed far away.

It was a magnificent mystery that seemed unlikely to exist in this world.

Even the purely white temple built in the middle of that unrealistic landscape was unsurprisingly beautiful as if it had never been burned by a human hand.

"I didn't ask for the reason before, but I think you wanted to see the old books in the 'Forest of the Four Seasons'."

Realizing that our hands were still overlapping, I remove my hand first.

Axion walked ahead after I let go of his hand without saying anything.

"The place where old documents of the four generations are collected in the building in the back, so come this way."

As I climbed the stairs in front of me, the first place, like an altar, appeared.

Delicately carved columns rose around the broad floor and supported the arched roof that sat on it.

Even if it wasn't, I couldn't tell for a moment whether the place where I was standing was a dream or a reality.

But what caught my eye was the writing on the ground floor.

Prove yourself chosen one. You ascended to the king's temple.

I stopped striking.

"This place?"

"It is said that the remains of the king were asleep."

Axion's temperature stopped in place because I checked where my gaze reached.

"In the past, it was said that the king's soul appeared directly in front of the heads of the four generations who proved themselves as written."

Axion's voice was similar to when he raised the hypothesis about the rules of barriers.

"There are related documents in it, so if you are curious, read it yourself."

He seemed to dismiss all the stories he had spoken with his mouth as old myths or legends that were not realistic.

It was worth it.

It wasn't just Axion that no one believed in such a story today.

I took my gaze away from the altar and walked a single path facing my back to Axion.