NO. 41

Cia was sitting on a chair, staring at bunch of numbers. One world and then there were always three numbers in one line. Cia kept staring at them. It were two weeks already. Two weeks, since Cia left her family. She stopped going to school and got a different position from Boss. And she was still trying to solve the cipher.

"Cia, I know you want to solve it, but it will take time," Kim said, as he walked in. Yes, Cia was staying at his place now. It was barely half hour from Perxons by car.

"I know," she sighted, "but I have to do something." Cia got up and followed Kim to the balcony. They got closer these two weeks. How could they not when they were living together and Kim saw her nightmares, just like Cia saw his. He handed her a can of coke.

Cia looked down and saw a girl, reading a book, looking peaceful. She frowned. What if...
Cia ran back to the table and Kim followed.

"What is it?" Kim asked. Knowing she came up with something.

"What if these are not letters or anything like that? What if they are actually numbers? What if, these numbers are for book?" Kim looked at that, really taking it to consideration. "This first one is page. The second is line and the third is word in the line."

In next second, Kim was hugging Cia and spinning her. "You're genius!" he yelled and put her down. "Gevin? Cia probably solved the code. Alright, we'll meet you there." He hang up on him and turned to Cia. "Let's go."

"Honestly I agree with you Cia. I can't believe I didn't realise sooner," laughed Gevin. "You see, time to time, you can be of use too!" He joked and Kim slapped him lightly, while Cia was laughing. "Just a joke!"

"The problem is, we still don't know what the book is," Cia said slightly irritated by the fact.

"We may not know that. But most likely, he has that book at his place right?"

"That's true! And I put a camera there the last time!" Kim sat and watched the two of them. Both were incredibly clever. It was kind of hard to believe. Not that Kim wasn't clever too.

"So we need to go through those videos. And find the book," Gevin closed it. Yes, it looked like allnighter.

All three of them and another two men were watching monitors for several hours already. Everyone had list with at least three books. That gave seventeen. God how are they supposed to find the right one?

"This is pointless!" growled Gevin as he drank his fifth coffee and ate probably the tenth pack of chips. "He held about twenty books in the month!"

Kim got up too. It was tiring, he picked the cipher and stared at it. Then he realised something. "Well, we're looking for a thick book. The highest number of page is 974. Also, looking at the number of lines, the highest is 33, I'd say the book will have slightly over twenty centimetres." Kim saw Cia smiling secretly. And from some reason, it made his heart flutter.

"That's good Kim," said Tom, one of those two who were helping them. "In that case, mine books are off the table. How about yours Kirg?" he asked the second guy.

"None of mine either," Kirg shaked his head. "Cia?" She wasn't listening again. Cia was thinking about her family. It was not her fault, whenever she was not getting busy, her mind came back to them, sometimes, even when she was busy. Luckily they were still monitoring them. Cia couldn't help but be worried.

"Cia! Earth to Cia!" Cia blinked as she snapped back. Kirg was calling her and everyone else was watching her. She smiled apologetically.

"Sorry. Did you say something?"

"I asked, if your books are going with the conditions Kim just gave us." Cia shaked her head. The only thick book was big as his hand, which was too small, so her books were off table too.