1.4

[1.4]

The Equalists

The search for the eleven-year-old waterbender was worse than ever. Rae had completely forgotten to attend Korra's training, too sucked up in the world of her work. She hadn't left the station in officially 48 hours. Once more, the small shower in her bathroom and the cupboard with her spare clothes proved themselves to be very useful.

After receiving multiple clues on the whereabouts of the young boy. Rae had locked herself in her office trying to make sense of the posters and papers she collected two days before.

With a sigh, she dropped the address book on her desk. The papers and pens on it jumped at the impact and the loud bang echoed in the office. She dropped herself on her chair and looked at the ceiling. Every idea that swam in her mind that same morning was now written on a piece of paper waiting to be burned in the trash bin. She had nothing left, even hope was starting to disappear.

Looking at her desk, she sighed again, deciding to take a small break. Looking over at the pile of letters, she took them in her hand and started sorting them out. She put the ones from her family in Zaofu or from Katara aside, wanting to read them after the Taiyo situation. She put the ones from the councilmembers and other city or nation officials in a cupboard that she always locked with a key.

When her eyes landed on the last letter, she smiled at the name of the sender. Her eyes shifted to the mess of papers on her desk. She started to look through them, asking herself where she put her letter opener. However, she did not get the chance to find it when multiple papers fell to the ground. With a groan, she put the letter on the chair after she got up and started to clean up the mess.

She froze when a few posters caught her eyes. She bent over and took the multiple posters that were being given to the people listening to the equalists talk in the streets. She had gotten some of them, trying to find clues, but nothing came at the time.

But, this time, she turned the papers with their backs facing her face. She made out the small streets and boulevards of the city. Rae took the other posters and turned them around, seeing the same thing.

"It's a puzzle..." she whispered, aligning the pieces correctly. "and this must be the location," she said, pointing to the big red dot on it.

Getting up from the ground at the speed of light, Rae ran around the office. She changed from her uniform in some dark clothes, not forgetting her viridian coat and the black scarf she wrapped tightly around her head to hide her hair. She took some posters, putting them in her pocket, and ran to her weaponry. It wasn't big, just a big metal locker with every weapon she can use, but it was enough. Knowing the equalists, it's better not to show any bending and fight them with fists and weapons.