xiii

(smut warning, hoes)

[ chapter 13 ]

october 30, 2020
12:00 a.m
manhattan, new york

- - - - -

"Congratulations babygirl!" I grinned at the talented brunette as her new album, Positions, had just dropped.

"Thank you so much, baby." She slammed her lips on mine. I hummed into the kiss and placed my hands on her hips. Cheers came from all around the room, and that's when I remembered that it wasn't just us two.

wow, the power she holds over us

Don't even get me started.

We separated and Ariana went off to thank and hug everyone else. She was talking animatedly to Vic, Court, Tayla, and Njomza when my phone rang.

The loud noise of everyone's conversations and Ariana's album playing lightly in the background drowned the sound out. However, I felt it vibrate in my back pocket.

I reached back and grabbed it.

'janet wannabe jackson'

Why would my manager be calling?

"Hello?" I stupidly answered, as I couldn't hear a word she was saying. I excused myself and walked upstairs, into the room Ariana and I basically shared. Even Leo practically lived here now.

"Sorry J, what were you saying?" She sighed on the other side of the line.

"Y/n, when were you gonna tell me you were featuring on Ariana Grande's fucking album?" My eyes widened. I totally forgot to inform my own management about my new collab.

"Shit! It totally crossed my mind! Is John mad?" I began to panic. I just released this album with this label, I can't go and fuck it up now.

"He would be if it weren't for the album and your guys' song completely blowing up. It's skyrocketing your own album plays too." I smiled lightly. At least I wasn't in trouble.

"Oh, that's good. Then why did you seem all pissed off when you asked that?"

"Because you didn't tell your best friend in the whole wide world, Y/n!" I laughed, but she just huffed. I could tell it was humorous.

"This is a serious matter! Why're you laughing?" I couldn't help but laugh harder at her whining. I heard a couple knocks at the door and turned my head, Ariana standing there with a confused and curious expression.

Her head tilted when our eyes connected and I gave her a look that said 'hold on'.

"Because you're a dumbass. But I gotta go, J. I'll talk to you in the morning." She hummed and bid her goodbyes. I ended the call and fully turned my attention to the Italian.

"Who was that?" She immediately asked. My eyebrows furrowed but I kept my smile present nonetheless.

"Janet. My manager." She hummed, stalking closer. It was so slow and taunting, I won't lie, it made me a little nervous.