Chapter 13 - "Love is so Confusing."

- Chapter 13 - Singing with the Laundry -
Warnings: Love problems, confusion
Third Person POV

Hannah was sitting on the couch, sipping her coffee and reading a book.

She chuckles a bit to herself as she listened to Race.

He was singing while he was doing the laundry.

Hannah listens closer, trying to pinpoint what he was singing.

Race: A revenge party!
A party that ends with somebody crushed and alone!

"And ugly crying!" He adds, before laughing.

Hannah chuckles to herself, shaking her head as he looks back at her book.

Her life had certainly got more exciting after she started fostering Race.

He was a little quiet and reserved at first, but his friends had helped him come out of his shell.

She hadn't ever wanted kids, but decided to take him in after Medda couldn't.

And boy, she hadn't regretted that decision for a second.

Hannah heard the music stop. "I finished, Miss Hannh!" She heard her foster son yell to her.

Hannah chuckles. "Thank you, Antonio!" She shouts back.

Race walks into the room, plopping himself down in the leather chair beside Hannah. He hangs his head upside down over the side, his legs hanging over the other side. "Hello." He grins at his foster mom.

Hannah chuckles, putting a bookmark in her book and putting it on the table next to the couch. "Hello." She greets.

Race fixes how he was sitting to a more comfortable and normal position.

"Do you have any schoolwork?" Hannah asks him.

Race shrugs, looking at the TV. "Math, I have to study for the assessment tomorrow, and Miss Medda wants us to practice some sort of Theatre-y exercise for said Theatre class." He explains.

Hannah chuckles.

Medda was the Theatre teacher at Race and the other's school.

"Teachers are still nice?" Hannah asks.

Race looks up at the ceiling. "Yeah," he answers slowly. "Some of them are a bit strict though, which can be annoying." He explains.

Hannah nods. "Well, if all your complaints are that your teachers are strict," she chuckles. "I must be doing something right."

Race laughs.

"Well," Hannah gets up. "I'm going to go start dinner." She informs Race. "Why don't you go finish your work so you can chill for the rest of the night?" She suggests.

Race cracks a smile/smirk at her. "Did you just-" he starts.

Hannah rolls her eyes, still smiling. "I'm trying to communicate to you kids in a way you'll understand." She responds.