0͜͡3͜͡6͜͡

Kitchen talks

꧁Kitchen talks꧂

☆☆︎☆

The next morning when you wake up you have a text from your U-19 coach explaining that he has a new routine, not for this competition season, but for something else that he wants you to learn. Your eyebrows furrow as you read over the message, curious as to what exactly he could be wanting you to learn it for but you agree, not like you had much of a choice in the matter anyway.

You got up, quickly grabbing things you'd need for a shower and headed off. After your shower you changed and got ready for the day, exiting your room and heading towards the kitchen where you and the other managers will prepare the boys breakfast for the day.

You greet the other managers in the kitchen and before long you have both Kaori and Yukie squishing you between themselves as the three of you begin to cut some fruit.

"So Y/N~," As soon as you hear the teasing lilt in Kaori's voice you knew this wasn't going to be good, well for you anyway. "How's it going between you apple and pineapple?"

You pause your ministrations and stare at Kaori in confusion "...what?"

"Y'know," Yukie urges "Apple and pineapple..." She motions towards you as if you should be getting just who exactly this 'apple' and 'pineapple' are.

You shake your head "Yeah, no. I'm drawing a blank here."

The two girls look at one another then glance around the rest of the room to see the other managers at their own stations and Yukie shuffles over, getting closer to you and whispering "Apple is Kenma and pineapple is Kuroo! Get it? Because they-"

You nod "I understand now, but how exactly was i supposed to know without anyone telling me the code names?"

The two girls look at one another and both, at the same time, point to the other "You were supposed to tell him!" Leaving their lips at the same time.

You raise an eyebrow as you watch the two stare at each other in surprise. "I was?" (Yukie)
"I thought you were doing it!" (Kaori)

You cut the two off "Regardless of who was supposed to do what, i know now. So what exactly were you two going on about?"

The girls were quick to drop their little blame game and turn back to you with mischievous grins. "How's it going? Anyone confess to anyone yet? Y'know we gotta be the first to know! Has it already happened, Y/N you can't be withholding juicy details like that!"

"Kaori, chill, nothing like that has happened anyway," You let out a disappointed sigh "And i don't think it will anyway."

"And why do you say that?" Yukie questions a concerned look crossing her face.

You gently place down the knife before crossing your arms a small frown coming onto your lips "Ku- Pineapple and apple are in a happy relationship and have been for, who knows, how long. How can I, someone they just kinda met, come along and ruin that? Besides they make each other happy, and that makes me happy. Who am i to try and take that away from them?"

The two girls glance at each other before fixing you with a serious look. "Y/N, have you ever heard of polyamory?"

***

Breakfast was served.  It was an array of fruits, lots of rice with eggs mixed in, grilled fish, miso soup, and a bunch of other side dishes. It took a while for everything to be completed and each manger took turns being shooed off to find their teams. Now it was your turn.

You greeted a few from other teams as they walked around, a lot of them were bleary eyed as they stumbled around but greeted you happily none the less.

The first people you ran into from Nekoma was Yaku and kai, both of the males seemed quite energized and awake, which was good for you because you could recruit the two to help you round up the rest of the Nekoma members.

"Good morning," You greet the two, a smile forming on your lips.

"Good morning." The two repeat.

"Have you seen the rest of Nekoma? I need to alert them of breakfast being ready."

A small frown makes its way across Yaku's face as his eyebrows furrow a tad bit. "Everyone else managed to get up but Kuroo and Kenma are still sleeping."

You nod "Don't worry about it, i'll wake them up. If you come across anyone else just tell them about breakfast."

Both Yaku and Kai nod "Will do." Kai says.

You nod and give them a smile "Thanks," you toss over your shoulder as you leave, walking towards Nekoma's room.

You slide the door open and step in to see a sight that melts your heart. Both Kenma and Kuroo curled up together. Kenma with his head pressed into Kuroo's chest, arms wrapped around his torso and Kuroo with a hand around Kenma's waist and the other arm Kenma is laying on.

You simply stare at the two for a second, not really wanting to wake them up (and it's not just because you don't know how).

You glance over the two before deciding that waking Kuroo up first would be the better option because he could then help you wake up Kenma.

You walk over to Kuroo's side of the futon and shake him, the captain doesn't even budge. You do so again and once again get nothing.

You roll your eyes and change strategies: wake Kenma up first. That proves to be the better option because while Kenma wasn't as easily as Gou to rouse from his sleep he did get up after a few shakes.

Kenma's eyes slowly slide open and he stares at you blankly before attempting to roll back over into Kuroo. You quickly stop him by gently tugging his hand. "Kenma, you have to wake up breakfast is ready."

The setter only groans and face plants back into his pillow. "I'll talk to Nekomata about having you help me later on today to keep you from doing extra practice if you get up now," You offer, hoping to entice Kenma into getting up.

It works. Kenma peeking up at you from the pillow "Can I play my PSP?" You nod. Kenma slowly begins to get up "Fine." You smile to yourself a little as Kenma leaves Kuroo, the setter preparing for the long day ahead of him.

You turn to Kuroo next, not sure how to wake him up after failing so many times.

"I have a science quiz," Kuroo shoots up. You raise an eyebrow thats what did it?