38.

(COVID-19 does not exist in this book!)

Friday, June 7th 2020
The family and friends sat row by row in the church, Akira and Raymond sat in the front with Na'von, behind them Kamiliah, Lorenzo and La'Tia.

On the other side, sat many of her grandparents friends, it's not a wedding if random people you don't know aren't there.

Even Rita , Keantae's mother was dressed and ready he was happy she finally got the help she needed.

Ezekiel sat next to her , it had been a while since he'd seen his big cousin.

"please be seated."

"Dear friends and family of the Bride and Groom, we welcome and thank you for being part of this important occasion. We are gathered together on this day to witness and celebrate the marriage of Melani Acacia Marquis and Tarell Keantae Williams.

Your marriage today is a public and legal affirmation of the bonding that you had already begun. Marriage is a commitment to live that will allow you to share your lives together Marriage will stretch you as individuals, deepen your love for one another and bring out the best in each other. So, enjoy your marriage and let it be a time of waking each morning and falling in love with each other all over again

Marriage is like an umbrella that covers and protects love. As 1 Corinthians 13 says, we learn that love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful; it is not irritable or resentful, nor arrogant or rude.

Love does not seek self, nor does it rejoice in the wrong, but rejoices in the right. Love bears and believes in all things. Love hopes in all things endure all things and love has no end, and now time for the vows."

Keantae cleared his throat while looking down at his soon to be wife though her veil, he dreaded this he wasn't one who you would picture doing this, but here he was.

He didn't write it nor did he practice so this was all from the heart.

"Melani,I could say so much           sh-" he took a breath.

"I could say so much stuff to you that everyone here would expect from me, but all I have to say is how much I love you I tell you that every day because it's true, we've known each other for over 17 years and to everyone else that may not be a lot to say your in love but for me it's just enough, I remember our first everything and I will always remember, you've stuck with me through everything!

And that's something to be proud of because I have been thought A LOT." The congregation laughed.

"I know that we have out ups and downs and had even more of them since having Na'von but I'll always be there for you because I Love You."

"oh my gosh." She wiped the few silly tears that fell.

"Melani." The priest patted her back.
"Your vows."

"Okay.. I just want you to know how much I actually love you Tae, I feel like you tell me you love me more than I do and I love you so so so much! Your so caring and understanding of how everyone around you needs you to be and we know that's not you.

Everyone expects you to be this tall aggressive boy but your not and your amazing you've been the best to me this whole relationship and an even better dad to Na'von , I love you so much and will never stop."

Everyone clapped cheering on the two.

"Repeat after me I give this ring as my gift to you."

"I give this ring as my gift to you."they said

"Wear it and think of me and know that I love you."

"wear it and think of me and know that I love you."

"I give you this ring in God's name, as a symbol of all that we have promised and all that we shall share."

" i'll give this ring in gods name as a symbol of all that we have promised and that we shall share"

"I give you this ring as a visible and constant symbol of my promise to be with you as long as I live."

" I give this ring as a visible and constant symbol of my promise to be with you as long as I live."

"Go on then." Makel pushed the three.

Tia, Khari and Na'von who had now learned to walk, the two oldest held Na'von helping him up the stairs, they picked up the pillow containing the two rings placing it carefully in his arms.

"Don't drop it." Tia told him sternly.

"shhh." Na'von hushed.

Of course that made everyone giggle including the preist.

Keantae lifted Melani's hand slipping the ring onto her ring finger.

Melani lifted Keantae's hand slipped the ring onto his ring finger.

"By the power vested in me I now pronounced you husband and wife, Tarell you may now kiss your bride."

He lifted her veil looking her directlyin the eyes "you look so beautiful princess." He placed his hand around the back of her neck leaning down to her and kissing her.

"Ewwww mummy!" Tia ran down the alter towards Kamiliah who had tears streaming down her face while Lorenzo kept his arms around her waist.

"I told you Melani."

"told me what?"

"We we're gonna be married."

"No you said we were going to be like a lock and key."

"we are locked in now."

"Oh stop it Tae." She laughed.

The end.