0.3 Chapter 6 - Midnight Motorist

TW// corpses, anger outburst, PTSD, crying, abuse mentions

George's POV
The humanoid animatronic was reading over the journal in his back room when all the sudden he felt somebody pulling at his arm.

"Huh?" George glanced over in confusion and saw Tubbo, trembling.

Alarmed, he stood up and was pulled out of his area and into the dining room. He saw what was wrong immediately, Tommy passed out against the Midnight Motorist game. A crowd was gathering, worried murmurs passing through everybody.

"Back away!" George shouted. He pushed through them and crouched beside Tommy, fighting back panic. "He's just unconscious. Probably passed out because of low blood sugar or something. It'll be okay."

Relief rippled throughout everyone in view except for Tubbo, who was standing beside him worriedly, and Skeppy, who was staring at the two of them with a horrified expression.

George picked up Tommy, fighting back worry, and dismissed the two boys. "Go find Bad or something," he ordered, struggling to keep his voice casual.

The animatronic carried the child into the back room, laying him out on the work desk. He knew Tommy wasn't unconscious, there was no possible way that he was even alive. His body was ominously still. Hell, there wasn't even a heartbeat.

George got up and turned to the wall, slamming one hand on it. Why, why must everyone he know die? First Dream, then Punz... Who next? Techno? Himself?

"God dammit Tommy.." George muttered under his breath, his voice choked. "His parents are gonna be heartbroken."

Why am I so calm about this? I should be losing my absolute mind over another death, George realized. He cast an uncertain glance back at the corpse and then with a sick feeling, picked it up.

He walked back outside and was immediately met by Technoblade and BadBoyHalo.

"Woah. Finally! Did he die?" Techno asked jokingly (at least, George thought he was joking. It was hard to tell.)

The animatronic glanced away with a wince.

"Bad, please watch the pizzeria," George said in a soft voice, glancing up at his friends astonished expression. "I need to get him somewhere."

Bad nodded, looking at a lost for words. George murmured a quick thanks before speed-walking away.

"I'm gonna go make sure Tubbo isn't crumbling into a pile of sad dust," he heard Techno say before he left the building.

-
-

George walked back into the building, keeping his head down. The shock of Tommy's death had died down, and now all he felt was frustration and sadness.

Why him of all people? How did Tommy even die?

I'm taking away that machine, George thought.

"George! You're back!" He heard Bad say. The animatronic stopped walking and glanced over at his secondary work partner. "What..?"

"He's gone," George said bitterly, looking away. "We should've never opened this pizzeria."

"Oh," Bad said hesitantly. "Hey, I'm sure that's not true. His death wasn't your faul-"

"Of course it was!" George snapped furiously, making Bad flinch back. He threw his hands out, signalling to their surroundings. "Everything in this damned pizzeria happens only because of me, Punz and Dream!"

"Two of those people are dead, technically three," Bad argued nervously. George shot him a venomous glare. "How did he die, anyway?"

"I DON'T KNOW!" George shouted, stomping one foot on the ground. "I'm not as great as everyone thinks I am! I'm not smart, I'm not a quick thinker, I'm not a detective, and I'm not as good at handling stress!"

"Then quit acting like Dream and actually take a little break!" Bad exclaimed, making George freeze. "You have multiple pe-"

"Did you just compare me to Dream?" George demanded, cutting him off. Bad's eyes widened as he realized what he said.

"No! No you- I- we worked-" Bad stumbled over his words, fear leaking into his expression.

"I am NOTHING like Dream!" George shouted furiously, making Bad take a visible step back.

"Huh?" He heard Techno peak out from the Parts and Services room.

George advanced on Bad. "I didn't kill anyone, I didn't obsess over anyone, I didn't hurt anyone for no reason and I DIDN'T fucking manipulate anyone into his perfect person!"

"Hey! Woah woah woah!" Techno stepped in between the two of them, grabbing George's hand which was raised. "What do you think you're doing?"

George snapped his mouth shut, trying to process what he was about to do. Guilt washed up inside of him and he backed away from the two of them.

Bad looked to be having a hard time standing he was shaking so hard, tears rolling down his face and his shoulders racked with sobs. Techno turned to comfort the crying male with one last confused glance at George.

"I'm sorry," George said softly, glancing away. "I'll be in the back."

He clutched his head and hurried into his back room, figuring it'd be better to give Bad a bit of space.

The man leaned against the wall, closing his eyes. Breathing was hard to do since he wasn't really human, so he had to try and find another way to calm down.

Counting, George thought. Okay. One, two, three...

Four...

Five..

Six.

George opened his eyes at somebodys touch. He looked around quickly and saw Techno looking at him with a stern expression. He glanced over at the clock on the wall and realized he must have spaced out.

"What was that?" Techno asked him, his monotone voice having returned.

"I don't know, I kind of just let my anger burst," George said guiltily. He wasn't gonna deny everything that had happened.

"Why on Bad of all people?" Techno frowned. "You should know what Dream did to his partners."

"Yeah, I know," George said sadly, looking down. "Hitting, shouting, general abuse. Can't believe I let myself do that."

"Anger is one thing, yelling at Bad is another," Techno said simply. "I think you should take a break from the pizzeria for a bit."

George nodded in agreement. "I can shut down," he offered. "At least for a day or two. Oh god, Bad is never gonna want to talk to me again."

"We'll manage," Techno said. He gave George a little shove toward his usual corner. "Now off. Vacation time."

George nodded, pushing himself off the wall. "Mhm. Thanks, Techno. Again, sorry."

"I'm not the one you should be apologizing to," Techno said firmly. "But you can do that later. I'm gonna go."

George nodded. He backed up into his usual corner and with one last glance around his room, shut himself down.

"Oh George."

...

Be quiet. I'm not like any of you and I never will be.

"You'll regret letting me die."

0.3

A/N
sorry for the change with Georges character i was in a rlly bad mood
But hey its kinda cool so why not keep it

Anyway remember that anger is a natural thing and you should let it out in a healthy way!!