CHAPTER 87

"Don't look like you've lost something" said Angelica, placing her hand on Clive's cheeks and squishing them.

"Aren't I?" answered Clive, in a helpless voice. His eyes didn't dare to close as he tried to burn her image into his memory.

"Don't think you can get rid of me that easily" Angelica squished his cheeks like bread dough.

"Soft as ever..hehe" Angelica chuckled

Clive flapped his hands like a baby bird learning to fly.

"I'm not gone forever. Just for a little while till things settle down" She said, letting go of him and taking a step back.

"Take care of mom and dad and.........everyone"

Angelica started firing away advices like a machine gun.

"Don't be a moron"

"Don't be reckless"

"Don't sulk like a baby when mom scolds you"

"More importantly, don't let those twin disasters come near you" She said, clenching her first, her eyes glimmering menacingly.

"The last one's for you too" She turned to Chirpy and winked at him.

'Try to get a chuck out of their legs'

*woof*

'Consider it done'

The duo telepathically communicated with their eyes.

'kekeke'

An eerie smile leaked out from Angelica making her look like the devil.

She snapped back to her senses a moment later after realizing it was getting too late.

Angelica looked at the wall clock to find that it was half-past two. She had to hit the road as soon as possible to avoid being seen by anyone.

"And I repeat." She turned back to Clive.

"Don't. Do. Anything. Stupid. Again" said Angelica, with a serious expression on her face.

"...."

"No comebacks?" Angelica tilted her head

Clive did not respond to her deliberate provoking and instead, just started at her face.

"Aren't you gonna defend yourself?"

"Ok then...bye bye" Angelica rolled her eyes and started walking towards the door.

Suddenly she felt a strong hand grip hers and pull her backwards.

" ! "

Clive hugged her tightly in his arms and closed his eyes.

"You're choking me"

Angelica tapped onClive's shoulders to make him loosen his grip. But on the opposite, he started tightening her arms around her even more.

"..."

"My eyes are going to pop out" Angelica's voice stuttered like a broken radio. Her face was pale as white as a sheet from being squeezed like a ketchup bottle.

'At this rate, all the ketchup till the last drop is going to come out'

"Seriously what has gotten into you"

"Take care of yourself" said Clive, with his face buried in Angelica's shoulders. He loosened his arms around her a bit to let her breathe properly.

"I know" Angelica smiled and hugged him back. She could feel his hands trembling, reluctant to let go.

"Don't create any new problems"