13 - The Dinner

That Tuesday evening I had to talk to Yoongi about whether he could take over my shift on Saturday for Taehyung's dinner. It was a bit stupid but in all my enthusiasm I had completely forgotten about it.

     'hey Yoongi I have a dinner on Saturday, and I was wondering if for this one time you could also do the night shift? 'I asked him with big doe eyes.

      'with him?' he asked back with a big emphasis and certain tone on the him.

       'with Taehyung yes'  

      'What about the actress?' Yoongi shrugged.

       'That was all a misunderstanding.' I tried to explain.

He eventually sighed deeply   

     'are you really serious about this guy?' 

I took some time to evaluate my thoughts and feelings. I thought of Taehyung and how I felt when he was around, and also how I felt when he wasn't around. as in I had caught myself often thinking about what he was doing and how he must be feeling. It had been almost two months since I met him and I knew this was special.

I nodded and then looked away suddenly feeling shy

       'I think I love him.'

Yoongi also looked away, there was something about it I couldn't quite comprehend clearly.

      'Then go to the dinner y/n, I'll take over your shift for that Saturday evening'

I smiled widely 'really?' I swung my arms around Yoongi for a hug

      'thank you Yoongi'

He ruffled my hair

         'but he'd better treat you right, otherwise he has to answer to me.'

The week passed quickly until it was finally Saturday evening. Taehyung would pick me up and I stared at myself in the mirror. I looked so different from how I normally did.

The doorbell rang and as I opened Taehyung stood there, he was perfect in every way.

I could really feel my heart beating rapidly against my chest.

       'You look gorgeous' he let out.

        'You too'

I followed him to the car and he opened the door for me, as if we were on our first date. When we arrived at the building we had to take an elevator up to the level of the restaurant.

When it stopped, I was suddenly experiencing this overwhelming feeling of nervousness. We walked out of the elevator.

       'Are you okay y/n?' he asked and I only nodded. He then took my hand and for some reason my nerves slowly faded. Having him by my side made me feel much more safe. 

We walked into the big room and there was a lot of noise from conversations, but it became dead silent when everyone saw us.

okay here we go

I actually needed a moment to look around the room first. I had heard of this restaurant, as it was quite famous, but I was still in awe of its luxurious interior and look. The low lightening of this place gave a sort of romantic vibe. There were fresh flowers on each table and the candlelight was exquisite as well. In the corner was a live band playing some classical music.

I didn't know anyone in the room, except for Taehyungs friends from the bar. Everyone was dressed up in the most expensive clothing. I kind of felt as if I had just entered an episode of gossip girl. 

Wooshik approached us first, smiling widely.

       'If it isn't the car driving bartender! You look so different in a dress and like with the makeup.'

      'Is that latter part a disguised compliment or am I just imagining that?' I replied and Wooshik laughed

     'Still an impeccable sense of humor I see'

The other 3 guys of that evening in the bar also joined.

     'We can't believe you eventually gave your number'.

      'I am Seojoon by the way' he added

I smiled at Taehyung

      'He was persistent and very persuasive.'

Seojoon patted him on the back

    'if he is after something he won't give up, that's why he is such a successful businessman.'

As we made a round I also suddenly saw the girl I recognized from that time I delivered the car. Ara was her name as I recalled.

This is hella awkward.

We passed them shortly and it was a formal greeting, perhaps it wasn't that bad and she had already moved on from him?

We had dinner at a very large table, I chatted a bit with mainly Wooshik and Tae's other friends, then afterwards we had drinks at the bar. I actually really liked the group of friends he had. It was noticeable that even though they were all well off since birth, they were kind. 

Eventually, I left Taehyung's side to go to the restroom.

When I walked out, I was met by three girls.

Guess who seemed to be the leader of the gang.

Ara stared at me with dagger eyes.

Here we go; psycho ex confrontation

      'So the girl who delivers cars fucked her way up to the rich Kim Taehyung?'

I raised my eyebrow,

      'I don't think my sexual activity is of any concern to you?'

She turned to her two friends and scoffed.

Then she turned back to me

      'He is probably experiencing some form of quarter life crisis and wants to try new stuff. The only thing that is hard to understand to me is why he would choose you. and what is even more, you are shading his name, people already gossip about him. You only make his reputation worse.'

I trembled out of anger, I know the words shouldn't affect me but it was humiliating. She stepped closer as she gained confidence. 

      'It's probably because he sought a charity case to feel better about himself. I mean look at you, yes you wear an expensive dress, but your hair and your skin and everything about you actually screams trash.'

I balled my hands into fists, I looked down and I when I looked up again, I saw her smile triumphantly.

I stepped closer, to be intimidating as well.

     'So perhaps you could explain to me....If I am trash and he prefers me over all of you, then what does that make you?'

Next thing I know Ara throws her red wine all over my dress

Fuck

I was too taken by surprise to have a good comeback.

     'What the fuck'

The words came from a male voice, Taehyung's to be exact.