Are You There God? It's Me, Dean Winchester

*(y/n)'s POV*

Bobby was sitting at his desk with a pile of books in front of him while Sam and I were sitting in a couple of chair in the opposite corner talking to Dean, who is standing. "Well, then tell us what else it could be." Sam said to Dean. "Look, all I know is I was not groped by an angel." Dean said.

"Okay, look, Dean. Why do you think this Castiel would lie to you about it?" I asked him. "Maybe he's some kind of demon. Demons lie." Dean replied. "A demon who's immune to salt rounds and devil's traps...and Ruby's knife? Dean, Lilith is scared of that thing!" Sam exclaims. 

"Don't you think that if angels were real, that some hunter somewhere would have seen one...at some point...ever?" Dean asked and I give him a disbelieving look. "Yeah. You just did, Dean." I said, annoyed, and Dean scoffs. "I'm trying to come up with a theory here. Okay? Work with me." He growls.

"Dean, we have a theory." Sam said. "Yeah, one with a little less fairy dust on it, please." said Dean. "Okay, look. I'm not saying we know for sure. I'm just saying that I think we --" Sam started to explain but Dean talks over him. "Okay, okay. That's the point. We don't know for sure, so I'm not gonna believe that this thing is a freaking Angel of the Lord because it says so!" Dean yells.

"You three Chuckleheads want to keep arguing religion, or do you want to come take a look at this?" Bobby calls out and we get up and walk over to Bobby's desk. "I got stacks of lore -- Biblical, pre-Biblical. Some of it's in damn cuneiform. It all says an angel can snatch a soul from the pit." He said.

"What else?" Dean asked. "What else, what?" Bobby said, shrugging. "What else could do it?" Dean asked. "Airlift your ass out of the hot box? As far as I can tell, nothing." Bobby said and I turn to Dean and place my hands on his shoulders.

"Dean, this is good news." I said. "How?" Dean asked. "Because for once, this isn't just another round of demon crap. I mean, maybe you were saved by one of the good guys, you know?" I said, hopeful. "Okay. Say it's true. Say there are angels. Then what? There's a God?" Dean asked, i could hear suspicion in his voice.

"At this point, Vegas money's on yeah." Bobby said as Sam nods. "I don't know, guys." Dean said. "Okay, look. I know you're not all choirboy about this stuff, but this is becoming less and less about faith and more and more about proof." Sam said to Dean.

"Proof?" Dean asked.

"Yes." Sam and I said.

"Proof that there's a God out there that actually gives a crap about me personally? I'm sorry, but I'm not buying it." Dean said, shaking hi ms head. "Why not?" I asked him. "Because why me? If there is a God out there, why would he give a crap about me?" Dean asked.

"Dean --" Sam and I said, exasperated, but Dean talks over us again. "I mean, I've saved some people, okay? I figured that made up for the stealing and the ditching chicks. But why do I deserve to get saved? I'm just a regular guy." Dean said. "Apparently, you're a regular guy that's important to the man upstairs." I pointed out. "Well, that creeps me out. I mean, I don't like getting singled out at birthday parties, much less by...God." Dean said.

"Okay, well, too bad, Dean, because I think he wants you to strap on your party hat." Sam said. "Fine. What do we know about angels?" Dean asked and Bobby picks up a pile of fat and weighty looking books and puts them in front of Dean.

"Start reading." Bobby said and Dean looks at the pile of books, and turns towards Sam. "You're gonna get me some pie." Dean said as he grabs a book from the top of the pile.

The next half hour, Dean, Bobby and I spent researching about angels but I couldn't really concentrate. I'm still in shock that Dean's back, half the time I have to pinch myself to make sure that this was real. But I am worried about how he got back...but if this was an angel that brought Dean back....this is big!