Chapter 3

ANYA STOOD AT THE CIRCLE OFstone with Farah the next day, helping out with the lesson

stone with Farah the next day, helping out with the lesson. She never had many lessons and often helped out with other people's.

Terra stepped up, Anya discreetly giving the girl a thumbs up to reassure her. She used her earth powers to grow a small plant in the bowl before she sat down.

She knew Terra personally because of her friendship with her dad. Anya had gone to school with Ben and the two had been close friends.

Another girl stepped up, using her water powers to hover a ball of water over the bowl.

The next girl walked over, using what Anya assumed were mind powers to create soundbites. 

She knew quite a few of them like Aisha and Musa but not personally, she mainly taught older years classes.

A few more people walked over, demonstrating their different powers. Anya watched intently, smiling at the kids as they tried to demonstrate what they could do.

Bloom - the new girl - stepped up and approached the bowl but it wouldn't work.

Farah encouraged her, "Push past your doubts," she said, watching the girl closely.

Bloom sighed, brushing her red hair out of her face before she hovered her hands over the bowl.

Students whispered indistinctly which only made Bloom become more frustrated; she narrowed her eyes at the bowl.

"Focus on clear positive memories, it will help," Anya said, looking at the girl as she struggled.

"How about your parents? Focus on how much you love them?" Aisha, the water girl from earlier, said.

Anya smiled at them. Ben and Saul were her friends that encouraged her like that- the same way Blooms friend encouraged her.

"It's not working," Bloom said angrily, her voice laced with frustration.

"Stop thinking, magic comes from em-" Farah started but Bloom cut her off.

"Emotions. I've been listening, I know what I'm supposed to do," Bloom looked at the bowl before stepping back angrily, "Its not happening. Can you please move on?"

Farah nodded, allowing Bloom to leave. Bloom sat back down again, an angry look on her face as she stared down at the floor.

It was obvious that she was struggling and some people were whispering between each other about Blooms failure.

After the lesson, Bloom talked with Farah whislt Anya went to talk to Terra.

She had been friends with Terra and her older brother Sam since they were born, she adored the family. Terra had seen Anya like a mother, especially after the death of her real mother.