xiv

[ chapter 14 ]

november 10, 2020
1:00 p.m
new york, new york

- - - - -

"So, tour is most definitely in your cards. I don't know if we want to go as far as it being your own tour as this is your first actual album under a label." John began, clearing his throat a bit.

"When you released with Ms. Ariana Grande again, that song had already reached the streams of your most successful track on your own album. So, we were thinking of getting in contact with her label and seeing if tour is in her cards too." I raised an eyebrow.

"Sorry, but let me get this straight. You're implying you want me to go on tour with.. my girlfriend?" He sighs, nodding.

"Yes, the whole tour; worldwide or not. You'd be the main opening act." I cleared my throat.

"Look, I'm not opposed to the idea at all. I'd love to go on tour with her, but don't you think press would find it a little weird if we happened to go public during that time? Like, they would assume it's PR or I'm dating her for fame?"

Everyone shared looks with each other and that made me well aware that they didn't think about that before. Like, even my PR was looking concerned and that's literally THEIR JOB to think about that shit.

"Then, maybe don't go public until after tour?" He suggested, almost scared of my reaction. My jaw dropped and I immediately objected.

"I'm not fond of that idea, Mr. Janick." I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned back in my chair. I knew my look came off as intimidating to a lot of people, and by the looks of it, this CEO wasn't any different.

"I know, and I know I swore you freedom to that but this tour could be really good for you! We wouldn't want you to face that kind of backlash." I sighed.

"Can I talk to Ariana personally first before we start making decisions like this? I feel like it's wrong for her to not be here right now when we're discussing something that so heavily involves her." Everybody immediately nodded.

"Yes, of course. We'll get in contact with Republic and Scooter." I nodded and stood up. This must've indicated the end of the meeting for everyone else too. I shook hands with John and the rest of my team before leaving with Janet.

"It still surprises me on how good you are in meetings. It's like you're the CEO." I chuckled.

"I used to let people run all over me. That ended a long time ago." She nodded. "So, I heard from a little birdy you and Ariana's 1 month is in five days." I laughed again as she poked my sides teasingly.

"It's just a month. What are we? In 8th grade?" She giggled, pushing me away. "There's nothing wrong with getting excited." I smiled. "I guess not."

Astro met us at the door and directed us to the SUV. When we were all in, I told my driver, Emilio, to bring me to Ariana's instead of my own. I then pulled my phone out.

me - coming over,, that okay ?
Read 1:30 p.m

She barely took a minute to respond.