25: 𝐀 𝐃𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐇𝐢𝐦

Her nose was dripping blood and she had a few dark bruises forming on her cheek and some on her neck. Her lip was busted, the pink flesh now coated with dry blood. Her face was stricken with smeared tears and fresh or dry blood. Her eyes looked exhausted — her left one was blackened — and she looked completely drained standing on our doorstep. The grey t-shirt she was wearing was ripped open showing hickies that littered her chest. My grey t-shirt.

"Baby what happened? W-Who did this to you?" I quickly but gently, grab her frail and shaky body, tugging her inside the warm house and out the cold.

"I-I...H-He-" She choked out.

I gather her in my arms tightly taking her shaky body into a tight embrace. She shivered violently in my arms as we stood there, with me holding her tightly. "Baby, calm down. Slow down, who did this?"

"W-We got i-in a fight an-"

"Yo, Lorenzo who's at the do-" Saude stopped in his tracks when he saw me standing there with a shaken up Adaline. His eyes brimmed with worry and he immediately joined us in our hug. His arms embraced her just as I did, in a tight comforting hug.

She sobbed aloud, her voice sounded broken and rash as she cried violently into us. It was breaking me seeing her like this — again.

We took her upstairs and I helped her get changed into new clothes — well my clothes that she claimed as hers many years ago. We gave her something to eat and some Sleepytime peppermint tea and after three hours — she stopped shaking and was able to talk to us.

{Italics is what happened in Adaline's Pov}

He dragged me out of the closet and into the bedroom, ignoring my cries and weeping pleads. He seemed to have blacked out or been on autopilot. "I've done so much for you, I put you before me all those years. I helped you get through all your mental health bullshit but you still don't love me. I've given you everything! Every-fucking-thing! But you still love that goddamn man even when I'm with you!"

He wrapped my long hair around his knuckle making me have to stand up from the ground, pain embedded itself through my scalp as he yanked my hair from the roots. I cried softly trying to pull his hand away from my head.

"N-No Chase! Please!"

He balled his free hand into a tight fist before swing it towards me. The pain from my new busted lip got worst once I felt another punch be delivered to my face. Blood trickled from my nose as I sniffled and sobbed out apologies, Chase slammed my body to the bed. His hand ripped the grey t-shirt, exposing my hyperventilating chest.

"This is why you've been so absent. Thinking of him while your with me. You barely have sex with me anymore, but I'll change that..." He connected his lips to my neck, sucking and nipping at the sore skin. I tried to push him off my body but my arms felt numb and weak. My legs kicked under him, trying to kick him somewhere — anywhere.

"Chase! Y-You said you'd p-protect me, w-what are y-you doing!?" I screamed loudly. My heart thumped traumatically in my chest as my breathing before more erratic than before. He ignored me and continued to suck his way down to my navel, biting harshly to the point where it would most likely bruise. "S-Stop Chase — I'll do better! I-I'll stop t-thinking about him!"

I struggled to move my arms, I knew there was a small pocket knife hidden under my pillow due to my extreme anxiety/paranoia. I just needed to find the strength to get to it. I wiggled and squirmed under Chase as he continued to assault my body in ways I never imagined him to. My weak, numb arms finally found their way under the white pillowcase and to the small pocket knife.