Chapter 29

Zach's pov

She wont wake up...

It's been approximately 43 minutes since she passed out.  After she lost consciousness, i ordered Aunt Matilda to call Laurelie. I carried her into the master bedroom and waited for Laurelie to arrive. 

I sat down,  slowly relaxing in the sofa and unintentionally look at the blood that smeared in my hands when i held her, before she passed out. 

It was strange,  the blood was, as always,  felt hot to the touch, accompanied by that strong iron smell.  Yet,  along with this common traits,  for the first time in my life, I felt disturbed when i looked at the most common thing that i see almost everyday.

That sensation was so sudden that after it came, it immediately vanished.

Weird...  

I tried to find the strange "feeling" again but as always,  i don't feel anything right now.

I look at Ealize lying on the bed.  Her face is pale,  and her lips looks bloodless, it was a great contrast with the dark red covers of the bed. 

It must be the effects of the pregnancy...

If she can't survive, I'll at least try to save to baby...

A sudden heavy feeling overcame my body.  I was surprised at the same time confused on what it was.

It was uncomfortable.

Not too long after,  i heard hurried footsteps rushing over. Before they could say anything i already set out a message telepathically to Laurelie,  telling her to come in the master's bedroom.

Soon after,  Laurelie entered and she checked Ealize's condition.

"Ealize's body right now is really frail, what's more she's a human that's carrying the blood of a Noble, it's taking a toll on her body" Laurelie said seriously.

I more or less expected that this was gonna happen. It was within the set of situations I've already analyze...

But somehow I'm finding that during this conversation, it was harder to breath. 

My body felt heavy...

I feel like there's something wrong with my health.

"Don't worry,  I'll make sure that she'll survive and the baby too,  for now I'm gonna prescribe some vitamins and leave a detailed meal plan to the chef.  I need to read more on the account on the noble line pregnancy of the past generation, so I won't stay for long"

Laurelie hurriedly left after she finished everything.

I sat down on bedside, as I regulated my breathing. I look at Ealize again and had the sudden impulse to touch her face. 

I glide my finger over her cheeks,  it was soft,  yet cold.  It was getting harder to breath, i don't know what I'm feeling but i know that it's not the usual indifference nor calmness i have. 

Soon after i sense a slow movement in Ealize,  and I immediately put back my mask.  I lowered my voice and frowned my eyebrows, following the faces of those people I've observed,  whenever they are worried. 

Ealized slowly opened her eyes and she looked at me directly. 

"Ugh..." I painful sound came out of her mouth as she touched her forehead, trying to sit up from the bed. 

I immediately grab her hand and carefully slid my other hand to her back to help her sit in a comfortable way.  

" Are you okay?" I asked as i showed her a worried expression. She looked at me for a few seconds as if carefully observing my expression before she smiled. 

"I'm okay, what happened?" she asked

"You fainted again, Laurelie said it must have been due to your pregnancy, your body is very frail"

I saw her nodding and then putting her hands on her tummy. 

"Is the baby okay?" She asked nervously

"It's okay, just rest, is there anything you need?" She shook her head as she carefully slid back down to the bed.

"I'll just...sleep a little bit more" She answered in a very sleepy voice.

"I understand, have a good rest" I looked at her again as she slowly closed her eyes and sleep. Not more than five  minutes a steady  breathing came from her. She's fast asleep. 

I looked at her again, trying to understand what was it about her that made her different from the rest.

Why is it that I react different when its about her? 

But no matter how long I look I could not figure it out, at the same time the emptiness that I've always felt was back again. 

I took a deep breath as I tried to analyze the situation that our pack is currently in. 

If i was normal i would have been worried for her before i could think of anything else.

but I'm not.

The pack is more important than her, after all so many lives could be lost if a war did happen. 

The war...hm...

If Alexander refused to see Richard, then he most likely wouldn't see me too. 

It's weird, Something is out of place but I can't figure out what. 

The Alexander that I know is a rational person, a good leader that can empathize with his subject. 

He wouldn't want to go to war.  

Yet he refuses to see me nor Richard. 

Is he indirectly implying that he agrees to go to war?

He did not refused the people and werewolves who wants to transfer from a different pack to his. It would be okay if there are valid reasons why they want to suddenly transfer packs, yet all those who want to move could not even provide a decent reasoning. 

Most of all, the werewolves and people that transferred are all males in their best condition.

It's like his gathering strong men and preparing for a war. 

but its a stupid move...

Alexander should have noticed the flaw of this action. 

Not only are you blatantly displaying your thoughts to your enemy, your also giving them a chance to retaliate and prepare for a plan to win against you. 

If he really has the ability to control the will of many people and werewolves, then he should have just slowly increase their number inside the opposing pack, get a spy and attack the pack from inside.

There are so many loopholes in his logic.

I slowly rubbed my forehead trying to ease the incoming headache. 

"Come to the office" I sent out a telepathy to the main members of the pack.

I look at Ealize one last time before I went out of the room and entered my office.