29

"Here's your slice of raspberry cheesecake sir." You place the plate down on the table, your eyes widening when you see the man you're serving. "Jihoon, what the hell are you doing here?!" you lean closer to your older brother, yelling in a whisper.

"I told you I'd come meet this 'Jungkook' guy myself if you didn't do something about it."
"Our call was three days ago! We're constantly occupied here in the diner. You couldn't at least give me a week to organise something?!" you say.
"No. Now where is he?" Jihoon asks, taking a bite of the dessert as his eyes scan the café. "This cheesecake is really good." he mumbles to himself.

"Jungkook's in the kitchen, dumbass. You know.. doing head chef things. In fact, he made the cheesecake that you're eating!"

"Just kidding, I hate the cheesecake." Jihoon fibs. You groan, "Just finish up and leave!" you say. Jihoon looks up at you sharply, glaring. "...please? Sorry, I'm just stressed because there are some things that you don't know about our relationship right now and—."
"I don't need to know anything. I just want to meet him. He's your boyfriend!" Jihoon says, a bit too loudly.
"Boyfriend? You have a boyfriend?" Hoseok asks, stopping as he walks past your table.
You nervously laugh, "Uhm, well.. I—."
"Who is he? What's his name?" Hoseok eagerly questions, smiling in excitement. He gasps, "Is this him?" Hoseok points to Jihoon, causing him to choke on his cheesecake.

Jungkook's POV

Who is that guy?.. y/n is leaning way too close to
him.

"Hey.. do you know who that guy is? That y/n's talking to, table four." Jungkook asks as he places a tray in the oven, his eyes glued to you and that man.
Yoongi shakes his head, "Nope. No idea. Why?"
"She's been standing at his table for awhile.. I don't want her thinking she can slack off since I gave her a raise."
Yoongi's eyebrows raise, "You gave y/n a raise?!"
"What? You even said it yourself, she's our best waitress and cashier." Jungkook wipes his hands on his apron, clenching his jaw as he sees now you and Hoseok being friendly with this man. Why is he so familiar to you? Jungkook wonders, taking a deep breath.

Who is he??

Jungkook struts out of the kitchen, heading towards the table.

"Hoseok, this isn't my boyfriend! This is my brother. Jihoon."
Jungkook stops in his tracks, freezing at your words and rushing back into the kitchen. Immediately grabbing a spoon and stirring broth in a pot, Jungkook fixates his eyes on it. Yoongi laughs.
"Everything alright, man? You're sweating."
Jungkook forces a chuckle, wiping his forehead with his sleeve, "Yep, just this boiling soup." .

Y/N's POV

"Then who is this boyfriend you're speaking of?" Hoseok asks, innocently excited for his friend's new relationship. Before he can say anything, you shoot Jihoon a glance that only a sibling could understand.

Please. Don't say anything.

"Oh, nobody. I was just teasing her about being single." Jihoon lies, laughing. Hoseok chimes in, giggling. "Awh, of course an older brother would tease his younger sibling about being single. Especially since you're married, right?" Hoseok says. You bite your lip, trying to suppress laughter. Jihoon clears his throat, "Yep, I'm very married."
"I'm so glad to hear! Hopefully we can see more of you soon, I have to get back to the kitchen." Hoseok smiles to both of you, patting your shoulder before walking away.

Letting out a sigh of relief, you look to Jihoon with sincerity. "Thank you."
"You're welcome. But you better tell me everything. No more secrets, y/n. I'm your older brother, for fucks sake." Jihoon says.

Since it became time for your break, you left the diner with Jihoon. He drives around while you tell him everything.
"He could lose his job?!" Jihoon asks, you nod.
"That guy was Hoseok, another chef and one of Jungkook's best friends. That's why I gave you that look." you say.
"Damn.. this guy is risking his whole café and the reputation of him and of all of his friends for you. You know that, right?" Jihoon says.
"Trust me, we know. Jungkook and I should win an Oscar for all the stunts we've had to pull to convince everyone we're just friends. It's exhausting." you say.

"I just met one of y/n's brothers, he's nice." Hoseok says, walking back into the kitchen.
"... how nice are we talking?" Jungkook asks.
"I don't know.. a 7/10? He seems very genuine, good guy."
"Why do you care?" Taehyung asks.
"Because I'm pretty sure y/n's family knows me as her douchey boss who won't let her catch a break. I don't want to get my ass beat." Jungkook says, partially lying.
"You mean.. you don't want to have to fight anyone. No one can beat your ass, Jungkook." Jimin says.
"True." Jungkook replies with a sly grin.

The door chimes and out of habit, Jungkook's eyes immediately follow the sound. Usually, he'd dismiss his glance, seeing just another stranger walk in the door. But this time his eyes stay glued on the figure walking into the diner, his ex fiancé.

"Nina?!" Jungkook groans, walking out of the kitchen. He crosses his arms, "Leave. I don't want to put up with your bullshit again." he sternly says.
Nina chuckles mockingly, her heels clicking as she puts a hand on her hip.

"Bullshit? What bullshit, dear?" Nina tilts her head with a pout. Jungkook scoffs, ignoring her antics. "Why are you here? Still missing me?" he cocks an eyebrow.
"Why wouldn't I be here? I'm your new neighbour!" Nina smiles smugly as Jungkook's jaw drops at her words.