Epilogue

Eight years later...

Harry looks up from his place behind the island bench as the sounds of his Omega and pups playing happily at the water's edge filter through the open patio doors. The bright sunshine casts long beams of light into the living area of their beachfront holiday rental and Harry smiles to himself at the perfect scene before him.

He watches as Louis flips over a bucket full of sand, castle standing tall for a few seconds before George and Elsie jump on top of it and crush it completely, collapsing on the sand in fits of laughter.

Louis jumps up and chases them to the shore, his belly round and full, only a few more months until pup number three will join their brood. Another girl this time, Harry suspects by the way Louis has been carrying and his difficult first trimester; morning sickness a cruel label for those challenging few weeks where Louis trudged a seemingly endless path from their bed to the bathroom day and night. Thankfully, now that he's in the second trimester, that time has passed and Louis glows even more than usual as he nurtures their pup, safe inside his womb.

Harry slices some watermelon and kiwi fruit and adds it to the platter as the oven dings. He takes their homemade pizzas out and sets them aside to cool. He loves cooking, much to Louis' delight. Their relationship may have begun as a traditional Alpha-Omega pairing, but they've definitely charted their own course from there.

They had both finished their university degrees — Louis is Statistics and Harry in Accounting — living together in off-campus accommodation for bonded pairs while they focused on their studies. Harry's trust fund from his late grandmother had vested when he turned twenty-one and they'd finished their final year before buying a modest stone cottage in a picturesque village within easy reach of the city. Louis had done some contract work until George was born and then decided to stay home with him while Harry furthered his career at a large accounting firm. When Elsie had come along two years later, they'd switched; Harry taking on primary carer responsibilities while Louis focused on establishing himself in his own field as a Data Scientist.

Now, a few years further down the track, they are fortunate to each be able to split their time between the office and working from home. The nest egg from Harry's grandmother continues to grow and they're due to settle on their new, larger converted barn shortly after they return from their summer holiday. This one has bedrooms for all of them, with a couple to spare, as well as a five of acres of land, plenty big enough for a pony, as Elsie never ceases to remind them. Little does she know that her pony is currently agisted at a neighbouring farm awaiting her birthday next month. It will join them and their menagerie of other animals at their new home; Flopsy and Mopsy the bunnies, Geraldine the tabby cat, Kipper the Old English Sheepdog, and George's pride and joy, his collection of turtles, Ying, Yang, Tic, and Tac.

Squeals of delight draw Harry back from his thoughts as he watches Louis lift Elsie over the small waves, scooping up the foam with her little feet. George is laying on his boogie board, head resting in his hands as he's gently pushed and pulled, up to the sand and back again.

Harry finishes the fruit platter and slices the pizza, pouring a large jug of blackcurrant juice and setting it all on a tray. He carries it out onto the deck and places it on the table, adjusting the shade sail and going back inside to gather up plates and glasses.

He lets his mind wander back to their early beginnings, everything fresh and new after their chance meeting. That first day, bonding with Louis, had been one of the most wonderful moments of his life and during his Omega's subsequent heat, they'd shared a passion and love so much more forceful than he had ever dared imagine. The ensuing weeks and months had been an adjustment phase, of course, getting to know one another, and learning each other's histories and hopes for the future. They may have had different planned vocations, different hobbies, and different tastes in many other things, but at their core, they wanted the same things; a family, a home, a partner. Those were the things that mattered and the foundation on which to build their lives, everything else was just window dressing.

He walks back out into the deck and sets everyone's places. "Lunch is ready!" Harry calls out above the sounds of summer.

Louis looks up and smiles and Harry's stomach swoops. It never ceases to amaze him how in love he is with his Omega. They run up the beach toward him and Harry is momentarily overwhelmed with how truly lucky he is. He has the perfect family; two gorgeous, healthy pups, with a third on the way, and the most beautiful, loving Omega any Alpha could hope for. Even on this glorious summer's day, Louis still shines brighter than the sun in the sky, he's the love of his life, his everything.

The children leap up onto the deck, breathless and dripping with salty water. Harry bundles them up and dries them off as Louis passes by, wet feet slapping on the wooden boards.

"Just gonna head in for a quick shower," Louis says as he leans over and snatches a piece of watermelon, popping it into his mouth with a cheeky grin. "Got sand in some... uhm... unfortunate places."

"Okay, baby," Harry chuckles and pecks a kiss to Louis' offered lips.

Harry wraps the towels around the children's shoulders as they take their seats. They dive into their lunches, healthy appetites worked up from a morning spent playing in the outdoors.

"Papa!" George shouts around a mouthful of food.

Harry frowns. "Georgie, don't-"

"Speak with your mouth full," Elsie finishes helpfully.

George swallows his food and sticks out his tongue.

Harry laughs and nods. "Very good. Alright. What did you want to tell me?"

"Papa, Daddy said we can do leggos after lunch 'cause we shouldn't have any more sun today. Can we, Papa? Can we do leggos?"

He looks at Harry with such hopeful wonderment and Harry is helpless to resist. "Yeah. Course we can. Farm or city?"

A resounding chorus of "Farm!" rings out around the table from both the children and Louis as he slides into his seat beside Harry.

"Did you bring all the animal leggo?" Elsie asks excitedly. "I want the horsey!"

Louis nudges Harry under the table and they share a knowing glance at the upcoming surprise for her birthday.

"Yes, sweetheart," Louis replies as he loads up his plate, plenty enough for himself and their growing pup. "We brought all the animals."

"Yay!" Elsie shouts and pumps her little fist in the air.

Harry lets himself sit back and soak up the atmosphere as they eat their lunch and chat about their morning adventures on the beach. He tangles his feet with Louis' and sends a silent prayer, forever grateful that the universe got it right.