Letters - Part 1

*This will be a long emotional chapter. Thanks to all of y'all who are being super supportive, voting, commenting and following me. Thank you for continuing to read the story. Sending love, MMF* 

As Marinette opened the first letter, her heart pounded loudly, her hands began to shake, and her goosebumps covered her arms. She was not ready. Marinette was sure she would pass out before being able to read the first letter. After reading the text messages, she could already tell she had made a mistake. A mistake that caused them both a lot of pain. She was not ready to read just how much so. She felt overwhelmed and felt the walls were closing in on her. She should be happy right now. The love of her life texted her and constantly told her how much he meant to him and that he was in love with her, but she couldn't be as she pushed him away and hurt them both.

A million questions invaded her brain. What if she is too late? Or what if the letters stated that he waited long enough, and he moved on? Marinette worried that he hated her for ignoring him and wouldn't want to know anything about her again. She had made such a big mistake in not giving him a chance. She couldn't believe she had been such a monster towards him. The worst thing is that she broke her promise! How could he love her after that? She promised him a lifelong friendship but then bailed on him. Marinette let a tear drop drown and hit the floor.

Alya and Chloe watched as her hands shook. "I know it hard, Marinette, but you have to do this. You have to know the truth. It will be alright. I promise," Alya called out in an attempt to give her the encouragement she needed. Marinette was so grateful her friends were here to support her. She knew they were right. Taking a deep breath, she began to read the first letter.

Dear Marinette,

Words cannot express the amount of regret and sadness I have towards the way I had taken you for granted and blinded myself from experiencing every wonderful moment your beautiful soul had to offer me. My heart has been hurting, and I am burning inside. I can't even look at myself without overwhelming feelings of shame and grief. I cannot believe that it was me out of all people who caused you the most pain. It was me who ruined my own life. I realize now how gravely I screwed up the only important thing that ultimately matters in my life. You! I cannot believe how blind I was and how much I have hurt you. Marinette, there is so much I want to say, so much I want to explain if you would let me. I know that right now, you think the worse of me. But I swear to you that this is all a misunderstanding. I don't want to explain it in a letter. I want us to talk. I beg for the chance to look into your eyes and explain all the small details that could change our story. Please, I beg you to allow me to explain myself to you. Know that I never meant to hurt you. I have spent the last week trying to find a way to show you that I honestly care about you. I have texted you and called you. I have begged our friends to help me, but nothing seems to work. Please, Marinette, give me a chance.

With love

Adrien Agreste

Marinette let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. 'Okay, so the first one wasn't too bad,' she thought to herself maybe she could do this after all. Placing the first letter down, she continued by grabbing the second one. Marinette looked up at her friends and gave them a small smile before reading the second one.

Dear Marinette,

This is officially letter number two. I can't tell you the exact number of texts or calls that will be next, as they have been far too many, and I have lost count. I also can't tell you how many times I have begged for someone to help me talk to you because you would be surprised at the amount. I have begged a lot in the past few days, and I have also lost count, but I do know that another day has passed, and I have yet to receive a reply from you. It hurts Marinette. It truly does. Without so much as your friendship, I feel like a part of me is missing. I beg you, please, sit down with me, look at me, and listen to my apologies. It seems to me as soon as your eyes meet with mine, you will forgive me because then, and only then, you will see how much you truly mean to me. Marinette, know that although words can lie, eyes do not, and I know that when you look into mine, you will realize that I have been nothing but honest with you and that I am nothing without you. Marinette, there is so much I want to say. So much I want to explain, and I need you to know. Things are not what they looked like during that moment. I don't want to lose you. I don't want to wake up every morning and go to school knowing that I won't be able to talk to you and see your beautiful smile. I want to hear your adorable stutters and giggles. I want to be the one who makes you smile and puts that blush I love so much in your cheeks. I know I messed up, and believe me, I am paying for it dearly, but I don't want to suffer anymore. Without you, I am dying. Please, don't kill me. Text me, call me, write me anything but please, just talk to me again.