Twenty-Four

Aries laid in the hospital bed while Madame Pomfrey was working vigorously around her.

She felt bad for not being able to help, but the letter sitting on her lap made her unwilling to move.

She felt stiff, sick, and couldn't find a reason to open her eyes unless she had a visitor. She felt like this might be a sign, a sign to stop trying so hard and to start living, start feeling like herself again.

The letter was from her mother. Basically telling her how much trouble she was going to be in when the next break happened. Her mother said that if it wasn't for her trying to help people all the time, she wouldn't be sick on bed rest. Now she was unable to attend the party and find a potential suitor, her father's words this time.

Marlene came to visit as much as she could though, she got a new boyfriend. The twin of Aries ex.

Gideon.

Lily and Alice would come every once and a while to bring in food and sometimes sneak in brownies.

Sirius had gotten out the day after Aries was diagnosed with the Measles and came in everyday after classes ended.

He would take, what Aries just found out about, James' invisibility cloak and end up bringing a friend with him.

Most of the time it was James and Remus. Sometimes Peter to give her some entertainment. Though Aries is sure that the boy is still afraid of her. Aries had still tutored James even though she wasn't in the best condition.

She found it entertaining and rather amusing to watch him struggle, but in the end he'd learn a new spell and come back to practice the next day.

It had been two weeks and they were finally in the month of chilly November. From what Honey would tell me, it's been the lamest few weeks since she has arrived.

She was doing a lot better. Pomfrey was dosing Aries with potions left and right so that she would heal faster. Madame Pomfrey wouldn't admit it but she was more interested in getting Aries back on her feet to help her with patients again instead of being one.

In her free time, when she wasn't sleeping, eating, doing schoolwork, or charming spells so that snowflakes would fall on top of her, she was designing dresses and suits.

The owners of Gladrags had sent their respects along with a baskets of pity, though Aries couldn't turn down the free snacks and drinks they continued to send from Hogsmeade.

At the moment, Aries was sketching the last few strokes on the suit she had drawn up when Remus, Peter, Sirius, James, and Honey walked in.

Honey was talking to Remus and Peter was trying to keep his distance from James and Sirius' hollering.

"WE HAVE DATES!" Sirius and James sang loudly and extremely off key.

"Stop yelling you pricks, some people are trying to focus." Aries rolled her eyes before finishing up her sketch and putting the quill down.

"Look at you! You don't look like your covered in hives anymore!" Sirius cheered making Aries roll her eyes.

"From someone who came to visit me whether I wanted it or not, thank you." Sirius scoffed at that while Aries began sitting up. "So what brings the lot of you to my snow filled bed?" She asked placing her sketch face down on the table.

"Uh-uh! I wanna see what my bestie drew this time." Honey said as she reached for the sketch.

"I thought I was your bestie!" Sirius pouted but went to look when Honey opened the sketch book.

"Whoa." Peter said in astonishment as him and Remus looked over Honeys shoulder.

"You're amazing. I'd actually wear this." Sirius said as he grabbed the sketch book.