Chapter 11

The morning came around and no one was in the mood to say anything. Jace and I didn't even talk on the drive to school. His jaw was clenched and he just stared out the window the entire time.

He practically ran out of my car when we reached the school, leaving without saying a word. I didn't know what happened, but when our mother left, the atmosphere between us completely shifted.

I sighed as I walked through the school doors. I was so exhausted. I didn't get any sleep last night so my eyes felt heavy and my under eye bags were darker than usual.

I trudged to my first period class and sat down, immediately resting my head on the desk.

I felt my eyes shut as I let sleep take over.

The peacefulness only lasted for a few minutes before I felt something hit the back of head. I groaned, the one time I was able to get some rest, some fucker ruins it.

I lifted my head up, squinting my eyes because the light was so bright. I looked around my area and noticed a crumpled up piece of paper on the ground. I huffed and picked it up, slowly unraveling it.

Wake up princess, your snoring is distracting me.
P.S. drool isn't a good look on you.

I glared at the paper and mumbled a few curse words under my breath.

I crumbled the piece of paper and turned around to see Karson already looking at me with a smirk plastered on his face. I gave him an intense glare as he pointed to his chin, trying to tell me I had something on face.

I went to touch my face and gasped when I felt drool on the corner of my mouth. I quickly wiped it away before narrowing my eyes at him. He just smirked before looking back at the teacher.

The day just started and I already wanted it to end. I was not in the mood to deal with anyone's bullshit today, especially not his.

•~•~•~

"I failed my math test again," Nora huffed as she stuffed her face with chocolate cake. We were at lunch and she's been complaining about how she failed her math test when she genuinely thought it was going to be the easiest test this year.

She was wrong.

"Aw keep your head up, I bet there is someone out there who did worse than you," I tried to reassure her, but failed miserably. I'm not very good with words.

She glared at me before devouring the last piece of her chocolate cake. "And now my cake is gone?! Today is the worst fucking day ever," she huffed as she slumped down in her chair.

I shook my head as I patted her back in reassurance. She slapped my hand away before narrowing her eyes at me. I looked at her with wide eyes and put both my hands up in surrender.

"Calm your tits," I chuckled as I threw a fry at her head. She caught it in the air and shoved it in her mouth aggressively. We blankly stared at each other before bursting into laughter when we were no longer able to keep a straight face.

"What's so funny?"

I turned around to see who the voice belonged to and was surprised to see the three boys standing there with their hands stuffed in their pockets. I could feel everyone's eyes on us, probably wondering why the new "bad boys" are standing by us. I looked back at the boys and gave them a blank expression, I was too tired to deal with them.

I secretly looked at each boy and noticed they are all dressed in a basic tee and dark washed jeans. My eyes lingered on Karson a little longer than the other two. He was wearing a leather jacket, making him standout from the group. As much as I hate how big his ego was, I really hate admitting how attractive he was.