50

Hi I'm back :) This was a really busy week for me. I was working on a 32 page research proposal that counts for 60% of my grade lol but here I am! I submitted my proposal yesterday so now I'm all done for the semester

...

Harry

It's been about a week and a half since Amelia and I got back to New York from our trip to London, and it's been anything but relaxing.

We spent the entirety of the plane ride home looking at homes online in London, or at least near London. I could tell Amelia felt overwhelmed with the thought of moving so soon but selfishly it made me feel better knowing we'd hopefully be out of my other house sooner than later. I still want to keep it, of course, but I don't want to go back until whatever is going on with him is resolved. Until then, I don't feel safe staying there alone, and especially with Amelia. I should have told her as soon as we got to London, or even beforehand, but I didn't want her to worry. Now that it's all in the open, though, it's all I've been thinking about and it's causing me a great deal of stress.

But the good thing is that although Amelia is overwhelmed, she knows that this doesn't mean we have to move permanently right now. She'll remain stationed in New York until she can make the move career and mentally wise, and I'll most likely bounce between London and New York when I'm not working. It's not ideal for me because I like being home in England when I'm off work, but I'm willing to make it work for Amelia since she's going to move across the world for me. It can't be easy leaving her friends and family behind. I'm pretty used to being on the go all the time but Amelia definitely isn't. She's never lived farther than a drive away from her family.

After a lengthy plane ride filled with discussions of moving and Amelia's concerns over my situation in London, both of us became consumed with our respective jobs. My team, God bless them, flew into New York and we've been finalizing the album in a studio near mine and Amelia's apartment. I was a little bit worried that I'd have to go out to California for the final touches, but luckily it worked out that I could stay here with Amelia. The last thing I want to do is leave her right now.

Amelia and Robin's book is officially finished, also, so she's been working with her boss to send out samples to publishing companies in the hope that one of them will pick it up. I didn't really understand why her boss couldn't just publish her book, considering she works at a publishing company, but Amelia told me it all came down to finances and advertisement. Her boss thinks another publishing company would be able to give it a better chance than he could for "success", as he put it. Seemed a bit odd but at the same time I suppose it also made sense.

So, yeah, it's been busy since we've gotten back but luckily today we both have off and we're planning on going to her family's house for dinner.

My hand rests on Amelia's thigh while she drives us. Originally I had offered but she told me her car hasn't gotten much use lately so she'd prefer to get out in it. Plus she told me I have a tendency to drive everywhere and she felt slightly guilty. I assured her I didn't mind but ultimately I gave in since it put her mind at ease.

Part of me regrets it, though, because Amelia's a bit of a passive driver. She never uses her horn even when the other driver is in the wrong. She hesitates when she has the right of way at stop signs. And she drives a little on the slow side. I swear I saw an old lady pass us before when we were on the parkway. I almost said something but decided to keep my mouth clamped shut. The last thing I want to do is to stir up a fight over her overly cautious driving.

We finally make it to her parents house after way too long of a journey. My legs and back are beyond stiff when I hop out of the parked car and I can't help but groan as I stretch. Amelia's car, although really nice, is insanely small on the inside. Even when I push the seat all the way back I still feel like there's not enough room for my longish legs.