Chapter 51: Celebration of Façades

Chapter's Theme song: Slow Down by Mac Ayres - Listen after or while reading the chapter

- Listen after or while reading the chapter

The 11th of December came to the city with a fresh breeze of cold air. The streets were scattered with heavy snow and freezing weather but that hadn't stopped the celebration that was about to be held in an extravagant hotel's ballroom.

A lavish set up with slim and tall standing tables were placed evenly throughout the room, bottles of wine and champagne were being fixed along with respective charcuterie trays.

Wide variety of european and asian food were scattered in one long line at a side of the event, but the tables that were placed practically made it obvious that this was not an eating event but rather a drinking-socialising one.

Eight of the friends were individually updating the other regarding their location and their estimated time of arrival in the event.

First came in the married couple, Kim Seokjin and Kim Jisoo.

Seokjin was wearing a royal tuxedo with the subtle gold embellishments that showed his authority without shoving it down people's throat. His black bowtie with light gold thread had finished the look.

In a matching pair, his wife had worn a tea length light gold sequenced dress with a sweetheart neckline, her heels have the same motive as her gorgeous dress.

Her hair was placed in a bun with beautifull placed loosed strands at the side of her face, diamond earrings slightly dangling from her ears.

The pair had a coordinated look, allowing everyone to realise how much of a handsome pair the two had made.

The heiress was thankful that they had been first to arrive above everyone because if a single one of their friends had gone first, they'd realise that she lied to them.

There wasn't a 5th year reunion of La Tremoille that night, that wasn't happening till next year.

She found it humourous how none of them were suspicious enough to realise they never even got an invite to the reunion and had just taken her word for it.

Regardless, she was in need for them to come together again.

After sensing the tensions between most of them last week at her husband's party, Jisoo had needed a reason for all them to dress up and head out to relax.

And she knew the only way those workaholics would do so is at an event where they can get drunk.

If she had invited them they'd turn down because...

1) they don't want to see another person from the group or 2) they'd reason Jisoo's pregnancy and say it would be too bothersome for her, and lastly 3) they'd figure out that since Jisoo can't drink, they'd be forced to talk to the person they're trying to avoid.