Great Expectations

Song recommendation: "Someone New" by: Hozier (I think this song fits some of the chapter..mainly the first bit... Definitely not all...anyway...) 

Cassandra woke up excited for the day to come. 

It had been happening more and more, she was actually excited for the alarm to go off, for the day to follow. 

She was never like that before.

Cassandra strolled down Diagon Alley, watching all the witches and wizards in their morning pursuits, racing to work, to shops, towards food. She couldn't help but feel their mornings were nowhere near as exciting as hers.

She turned the key, pulling the door open to the quiet shop, waiting for the bustling activity. As she climbed the stairs she heard faint music bouncing off the walls. She opened the orange door to find the twins: Fred standing on the dining table, George standing on the couch. 

They were wearing just plaid pajama pants, singing or rapping to a song, holding their wands as makeshift microphones. Fred was jumping up and down to the beat, doing stupid little adlibs. 

George noticed her first, cutting off his singing and his face turning bright red. "Hi Cass..."

Fred continued to belt out the melody, until George threw a pillow at him. "What? You sound just as bad— Oh, hey Cassie!" Fred jumped down from the table, ruffling her hair as he headed to his bedroom.

"Having fun?" Cassandra asked, her smile evident in her voice. George sheepishly got off the couch, rubbing his arm. "I don't know what you're talking about."

She laughed, causing his heart to swell. "C'mon it was cute!" Cassandra giggled.

George rolled his eyes and turned down the hallway. Both twins emerged in their suits, ready for work. They all started down the winding stairs, each going to their tasks.

____________

Cassandra had just finished cleaning out the pygmy puff cages when George walked up behind her, whispering in her ear, "Wanna head to the office...or the storage room?"

His breath fanned her neck, sending heat throughout her. "Why do I have a feeling that we won't be working..."

He leaned even closer, voice raspy, "Oh we'll be working real hard...I promise." 

A shiver ran through her as she turned to him, weaving through the crowds to follow him into his office.

As she closed the door, she expected him to pounce, to attach hungry lips to hers yet he only looked at her, undressing her with his eyes. He slowly pressed her to the wall, bringing his mouth closer and closer to hers. 

She was craving him undeniably, yet he was the one teasing today.

He pulled back as if to walk away when she grabbed his arm, whipping him around. Her fist wrapped around his tie as she pulled his face to hers, meeting his mouth hungrily. Her hand went to his belt, fumbling with the buckle when he grabbed her wrist, yanking it away.

"What's the rush?" He breathed against her neck, kissing beneath her ear.

A loud knocking on the door rang out, "I swear if y'all are fucking in this damn office again," An irritated voice called to them. George backed away from Cassandra, leaving her to catch her breath. 

"Lovegood is here to see Cassandra." With that, Fred stomped away, mumbling the little lyrics to the song from earlier in the day. 

"That's the rush.." Cassandra groaned, readjusting her blouse. "I forgot but she wants to see us for lunch today."