35 | A Nightmare

Vikrant :

After resting for a while both of returned to the palace - thankfully without facing anymore attacks. Mehrab was at the Palace gate looking extremely nervous and pale. The moment he saw us on her horse his face lit up. "Oh Rajan, I was so afraid! We thought we had lost you and Ranisa.", he said. "Ah you can't lose me as long as your Ranisa is with me.", I said as I looked at Simran. 

"Sure Rajan, sure. Kindly come in.", Mehrab said as I nodded, Simran and I walked into the palace. As I walked in I noticed Vikram standing at the corner of the hall, hiding behind a pillar. So obviously, it was his grand plan.

I sighed as we walked into our room.

....

Simran :

"But-", I saw Vikrant as I saw all his family members, around him - each one with a knife, "Sorry but it is time that you die.", Vikram said, Dushyant stood on his side laughing. "Bye bye son.", that was his father, and then he stabbed him from behind.

I sat up - panting. Silvery moonlight poured into the room. I looked around, Vikrant was missing from the bed. "Vikrant!", I shouted, silence. I got off the bed, I was sure something was extremely wrong. My sixth sense had never failed me.

I somehow wore my slipper and knocked at the bathroom door, "Sher Khan, are you inside?", I asked. 

No reply.

I immediately walked out of the room, I did not care what people would have to say about me roaming in my mickey mouse printed night suit. I saw a guard, "Did-did you see Vikrant?", I asked, my heart pacing insanely. "Yes Ranisa..", he said looking at me awkwardly, "He went to the sword room. Straight from here and then right.", he said as I nodded and jogged off into the sword room. I opened the door to find Vikrant standing with his father.

I drew in a breath of relief. He turned back to find me, catching up my breath. He immediately walked down to me, "Simran? What happened?", he asked. I just wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly, as if I life depended on him - which somewhere did.

He caressed my back comfortingly, "What happened, Simi? Tell me..", he asked in a soft comforting voice. "I-I had a nightmare..", I mumbled, my eyes where shut tightly as I clung on. He kissed me on my cheek, as he broke the hug. "Look I am absolutely fine. Nothing's wrong.", he said with a smile. My eye caught his father's face, his father's face had a look of annoyance and irritation. "I was scared.", I said looking at Vikrant, recovering. "You come with me.. I am scared..", I said, Vikrant looked at me confused. I gave him a 'just do what I say' look. He nodded as we went back to our room. I immediately shut the door behind him. I picked up my phone and turned off the lights. I opened the front camera and started taking it around the room in search of a camera. 

"What are you doing?", Vikrant asked.

"Sshh..", I said. I turned the camera just above a bed and a light shone in the frame of my phone. I quietly went and touched the spot on the wall, there was a slight bulge. There was indeed a hidden camera. My doubt was absolutely right. I twisted it and it came off. Not more than the size of a medicine tablet. I pressed it against the wall as it shattered. I continued the survey. Thankfully there were no more cameras.

I finally turned on the lights.

"What are you even doing?", he asked, his hands on his waist, absolutely annoyed. "Vikrant, there is a big plot going on in this palace against you.", I said in a low whisper. "I know and it is Vikram.", he said as I went and stood right before him placing my hands on his shoulder. "It is not him alone.", he looked at me perplexed.

"What do you mean?", he asked. "My intuitions are never ever wrong. Your whole family is in this, your father, uncle, Vikram of course and his wife for all I know.", I said. "What nonsense! Simran, have you totally lost it?", he said annoyed as he took a step back. "Vikrant I just crushed a hidden camera, the attacks on us today - Vikram is definitely not alone in this!", I said but he was obstinate. "Do not place false allegations on my father!", he said.

"Vikrant-", there was a loud clang outside. Both of us exchanged alert looks and went out to find a fallen metal vase, and a knife right beside it. It was the same knife I had dreamt of. I picked it up, "Who does this belong to?", I asked Vikrant.

He looked pale. "Father..", he mumbled. "Your father was standing here and listening to us.", I said as I handed him the knife. "But he can't-"

"He killed your mother.", I broke the truth to him, he looked up at me. "Have you any idea about what-"

"He told me himself.", I replied. 

"Simran, enough! You cannot be putting such serious allegations on my father!", he shouted. "Why are you screaming?", I shot back.

"Because you are saying such nonsense about my father! Who are you huh? A no one...", and he went on. I could not hear anything beyond this, my eyes welled up with tears.. my past seemed to return in an instant - Suyyash screaming, Prithvi placing allegations, I hated it but I knew it was happening. My insecurities were catching up. 

"Vikrant!", this was a familiar voice. I turned back to find Manav. "What are you even saying?", he asked angrily. I turned back totally, there was another clang from behind the pillar right in front of me now. I turned towards Vikrant who looked at Manav annoyed, "Who are you to speak between me and Simran?", Vikrant asked.

"Simran, you have to come with me back to Mumbai. Your Company needs you.", Manav said ignoring Vikrant. My gaze stood at Vikrant, who looked at me, "Yeah go away please!"

His lips and eyes spoke differently. I gulped, "I will come Manav.", I said.

Manav nodded and left. I walked down to Vikrant, 

"I know.", I said with a smile and walked into the room.

.......

Whatever is happening is very mysterious! What do you think happened that Vikrant reacted this way?