26. About Him

Fifth Year:

"Good morning, sunshine. Time to wake up. Come on."

"Mmm, leave me alone." I turned to the other side and covered my head with the blanket. 

"Do you want to be late? Come on you will miss the train."

"Future me can deal with it... Not my problem."

Suddenly the blanket was gone, and now I'm freezing.

"Dad! Give it back!"

My eyes were close and something soft hit my face. Probably a pillow.

"We only have an hour to leave."

"What?! An hour?! Why didn't you wake me up earlier?" I groaned and got out of bed.

"Breakfast is ready by the way."

"Thanks, I'll be down in ten minutes."

I heard the door close so I started changing. We are going to wear our uniforms in the train anyway.

I put on my pants, black shirt and black converse before dealing with my messy hair.

Like always, it looked curlier than yesterday, and I don't feel like spending hours on it (and I also don't have that much time) so I did a high ponytail and went to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth.

When I was done, I put my wand to my back pocket and carried my trunk down the stairs.

Dad was waiting for me in the corridor with a sandwich in his hand. He smiled and grabbed my trunk before giving me the sandwich.

"Thanks." We closed the door behind us and entered the car.

"Are you sure you didn't forget anything?"

"Yeah 'ready to leave."

He nodded and started the car. as we were leaving the neighborhood I saw Jake Rogers standing in front of his balcony with a suspicious look on his face.

I flipped him off as we passed his house.

"I'll miss you so much."

"Well, dad..." I sighed dramatically. "You wouldn't miss me that much if we actually had a chance to see each other."

He chuckled. "You know it wasn't our fault. It's our job. Not mine, actually, but you get it."

"Yeah, well, I had to spend my holiday with James Sirius Potter because of that stupid job ."

He laughed. "Oh yeah. How did that go?"

I rolled my eyes to stop myself from laughing. "The idiot fell and hurt himself. How is he still alive with that clumsiness? I don't get it."

"He plays Quidditch, right?"

"Yeah, we only had two matches. I can't wait for Ravenclaw-Hufflepuff match. It will be so fun to watch!"

Last year, Ravenclaw quidditch captain was dating Hufflepuff's captain. Well, that was until Hufflepuff decided to cheat on the Ravenclaw with her bestfriend.

And the best part is, Ravenclaw's bestfriend was a boy! And they have been in a secret relationship for a year!

I know, right? A complete fiasco...

"Remind me why you weren't on the team again?" Dad asked with a weird voice.

"More than one reason actually." I started counting with my fingers. "I don't want to end up in hospital wing, unconscious for a week. James and I can probably never be .... teammates or whatever. And I don't want people to feel bad when they find out I am way much better than them. "