Chapter 11: A Familiar Feeling

A dark alley with no light post or anything welcomed me as I ran towards this direction— far from the loud banging sound of what sounded like a gun. Consecutive gun shots covered my ears as I ran for my life. The pounding inside my chest and my shaking hands gave me unexplainable nervousness in my system.

"Help!" I shouted but no one was practically around. I kept on looking back but no one was there— still the shots continued.

I was panting while running towards the same direction and I was about to stop when I felt liquid dripping from my hands.

My feet immediately stopped and my body froze out of pure shock. The metallic smell of blood made my body trembled in fear even more. It's like I know the feeling but I don't know whose blood is this; it's surely wasn't mine because I don't feel any pain at all.

"Go to hell!" a man shouted behind my back and as I turned to face where the voice came from, I saw a gun pointing at my head.

"No... Please... No!" I cried as I shield myself from the gun and what felt like eternity finally came to an end as the man pulled the trigger but I felt nothing.

My knees felt weak when I dropped on the floor; still trembling from the gunshot, I'm now holding a different man in front of me— covered in blood, struggling for his life.

I couldn't see the man's face because it was too dark. It was too dark now that even a single sound wasn't heard.

"Eero! Eero! Eero!" shouted a man beside me and my eyes immediately flicked open as I catch my breath.

Luis' worried face welcomed me from my bad dream. He always has this weird look in his face whenever he'll see me and wake me up from a bad dream.

"Are you okay?" he asks, I weakly smiled before nodding my head.

I looked around and realized that I dozed off while reviewing for our midterm exams. I must have been really tired from studying for the past week.

"Did you have a bad dream again?" Luis inquired and I'm sure as hell that I had a bad dream but weirdly, I can't remember the man's face.

I kept on dreaming about that man's face for the past years. It was not a constant dream but everytime that I do, it gives me chills and unimaginable fear— much greater than any other circumstances that I have to face in my everyday life.

"It was... that dream again." I said and he heaved a sigh before nodding his head. "I don't remember meeting a man covered in blood or... being in a situation with a gun involved. Weird..."

Luis played with his pen as he started to read his notes again.

"Maybe you're just stressed from reviewing. Just let it go and focus on your present life."

"But... it felt real, Luis."

He bit his lip as he looked at me with an uneasy look on his face.

"If it really happened then I would have known, Eero. I've been your friend for years." he said as-a-matter-of-fact before getting his water bottle. "Your family is rich. Who could hurt you? You have bodyguards everytime we go out."

"That's true..."

"See? So just forget about that stupid dream and focus on reviewing. We have a test later."

I agreed and decided to just continue reviewing.

My mind was still somewhere else when I saw a familiar figure approaching us. His fitted polo shirt and jeans partnered with white shoes told me that this guy is neglecting his work again just because it's boring.