Chapter 113

(A/N: Thank you all so much for 200, 000 reads! That's unbelievable! Hope you enjoy what comes next. XxD)

******************************************************************

After surprising Serena with flowers and a hug that seemed to last forever, Alec and the rest of the group had discovered that the mirror Clary destroyed wasn't the Mirror at all. That it was to distract people from finding the real Mirror. The real Mirror being Lake Lyn. Clary having figured it out after realising that her nightmares recently were messages from the angels. And then it all made sense why Serena's voice didn't work on Clary that day in Idris. She'd been affected by the powers of a Mortal Instrument, and it seemed that Serena's voice wasn't powerful enough to fully combat the magic of Lake Lyn.

Sebastian Verlac was dead. The real one anyways.

Izzy, Clary and Jace had gone to his apartment only to find it empty and Sebastian long dead.

Serena, Alec Jace and Clary had then video called with Imogen, informing her of everything. And she'd granted their request to have soldiers placed around Lake Lyn, the same waters that Raziel first rose from, in case Valentine realised that he'd been made.

In the meantime, Serena and Alec had called a meeting of the Downworld council where the Seelie Queen was in attendance.

The Downworld had lost trust in the Clave and most of the Shadowhunters, especially after the ordeal with the Soul-Sword.

But, since Serena and Alec were the ones to tell them the second they knew, and the ones who had been actively working with them and trying to give the Downworld a voice when it came to the Clave, they agreed to work with those two and those two alone. Especially after hearing how Serena had damaged her voice trying to protect Dot and the Mortal Mirror from Jonathan.

And all four factions of the Downworld sent their people out in force.

The warlocks had set up wards all around New York, stopping any and every portal from being formed and stopping anyone with Nephilim blood from passing through. If they did, they'd be vaporized.

Clary, however, thought she had found a way to track Jonathan through a vision given to her by the angels. Using her blood that she shared with her brother to track him through the angelic connection she shared with the twins.

Serena, however, had also seen a vision, hers was similar but a little different. She was shown that Clary and Jace could track Jonathan by themselves, so long as they had Serena's blood in their system.

And after some quick needles, Serena had returned to work with Alec as Clary and Jace retreated to the outdoor training area to see if their plan worked.

But as she organised things with Alec and her grandmother, she was watching Clary and her brother on the security cameras and laughing.

Now she knew why the angels sent her that vision.

Jace and Clary had been almost about to kiss before Jace held her to his chest, every single one of their runes glowing gold, including Serena's from where she sat watching.

The process looked oddly intimate before her eyes closed as she sat in her and Alec's office at her desk.

It was ecstasy; something otherworldly.

It was heavenly.

And when the couple sprang apart, runes fading back to black, the sound of laughter filled the air and they turned to see Serena leaning on the archway that led to the outdoor training area, tablet in her hand.

"Thank the Angel, literally, that I was not a part of your little tryst."

And the couple blushed as they looked everywhere but each other, Jace sparing his sister a glare as her smirk grew bigger. "Put a shirt on, little brother. We got work to do."

And she sashayed back into the Institute, ready to move out now that they had Jonathan's location.