Ch.11: Hand-to-Hand (LONG CHAPTER)

┍━━━━━━━☟━━━━━━━┑

[WARNING]: This book will contain mature themes such as: Violence, Disturbing Imagery, Sexual content, extremely unacceptable behavior expressed by the antagonist, kidnapping, Dark, uncomfortable and disgusting topics, etcetera. Not suitable for readers under 18. A 'Yandere' should never be sought out in real life as they are incredibly toxic, dangerous and abusive. I do not condone the actions and/or the ideals of 'yanderes', this is purely fictional and should never be emulated in reality.

[WARNING/TRIGGER WARNING (TW)]: This chapter contains descriptions of attempted rape, blood, violence, gore, disturbing and dark themes in general. I do not condone any of it.

This is Horror, not romance.

The antagonist (the 'yandere') is supposed to be unsettling and immoral (abusive), I do not condone his ways.

┕━━━━━━━☝︎━━━━━━━┙

"Oh, shit." You looked up to the sky. It's getting dark, you only a few more hours of sunlight left. That isn't a lot considering the place you're heading to is in a town, far away from Doctor Kopp's place. Plus, you're getting there by foot.

Earlier, when you deem that you're safe to slow down, you checked through your bag and saw various useful items. Including a hand gun, a multipurpose swiss knife, a crumpled note with an address hastily written on it with blue ink, two drinking water bottles, a few energy bars, a small first aid kit, a convenient handbook to the German language for tourists, a map, a small, directional compass and most importantly: a pair of shoes, a large sum of money and a metal badge with the angel-bleeding Christian cross logo.

You figured that you need to present that logo to the people at your destination in order to receive help or seek refuge. You avoided looking at it as it gave you an unexplainable feeling of sadness and anger whenever you do.

You don't know who the shoes belong to. They fit you just fine, maybe slightly larger. They're not new either, it was tattered and patched up with new stitches. Were these yours before you lost your memory? Probably, Doctor Kopp must have shoved these in there knowing Husband would bring you to his office without any footwear (on you). For that, you're grateful.

You used the alcohol wipes to clean your wounds on the delicate soles of your feet. It hurts, but it's better than getting your entire limb amputated to prevent infection spread. You covered it up with the dressing found in the same first aid kit.

You continued walking at a steady pace, wincing at every step you take. Your entire body aches, your head hurts and your feet is injured. At least you're away from Husband, that madman.

You grunted, limping further and further. The trees stopped accompanying you, now it's all grassy and flat lands. You must have travelled far away from the disaster zone, but you're not safe yet. You frowned, wishing that Doctor Kopp would write you at least a letter explaining what to do or tell you who you were. He did write something behind the paper with the address though, it says:

'You love yourself more than anyone in the world. Eyes on the golden prize. Don't trust the police, Mr Godafrid has one too many ass-lickers in that department. Mögen die hedonistischen Götter Sie gut bezahlen."

Very cryptic. Aside from the part where it warns you not to trust the police, It must be some sort of prompt for you to remember. You frowned, isn't it easier for him to just write down everything he knew about you? That way, you'll have a clear plan on what to do, who to talk to and where to seek refuge from the tyrant. Why does he have to make your life so much harder by giving you a measly clue? Was Doctor Kopp holding a grudge against you?