Mask (Taeyong) Part ~ 2

Taeyong opened the door to the bedroom right next to his and carried the suitcase inside. Y/N followed close behind. Taeyong watched her taking in the spacious accommodations around her.

"You like it?" He asked tentatively. She nodded.

He had the room prepared yesterday. He could not let her live alone now that his enemies had found out what she meant to him. He had brought her here right after she had been discharged from the hospital after a three-day stay. Y/N had outright refused when he had offered his place. She was upset with him for hiding his true job. It had taken a lot of convincing, arguing, and begging to get her here. If she still had not agreed, Taeyong would have placed a 24/7 guard around her without her knowledge.

"You wanna come down for dinner?"

"Not yet," she walked over to him. "I want to shower first." She bent down to reach for the suitcase but hissed and straightened up again, placing a hand on her abdomen, letting the pain pass.

During the time she was hospitalized, Taeyong had not once looked at her injuries. He had been too busy either dealing with Choi and his gang or arguing with Y/N. "Let me see," he said, grabbing the hem of her dress to lift it but Y/N seized his arm, stopping his movements.

"Don't," she said flatly. Taeyong immediately stepped back. This wasn't the first time he was taking her clothes off but she was too much on edge these days. Even the most minor disagreement could result in a heated altercation.

"At least let me help you with the bag," he said and without waiting for her response, he lifted the suitcase off the ground and placed it on the table.

"Thanks," She said, unzipping it.

Taeyong walked over to the bed and plopped himself down. "I'll be right here if you need anything," he said, placing his forearm over his eyes. A minute later he heard her footsteps going towards the bathroom and the door closing softly. 

A moment later she called his name and Taeyong was up and at the door in a heartbeat. He opened the door an inch and asked, "can I come in?"

"Yes." Her back was to him when he entered. "I... uh... I can't reach the zip because of the pain. Could you..."

"Of course." In three long strides, he was standing behind her. He gently unzipped her dress but froze when the skin came into view. Right above her shoulder blade was a patch of a purple-blue bruise. His hands dropped to his sides. He stood speechless, staring at the discolored patch.

"Taeyong?" She turned around to face him. Something about his look made her eyes brim with tears.

He recalled the night he had gone to save her. She had trembled and cried in his arms for what felt like hours. He had then taken her to the hospital and asked for the doctor he knew would not ask unnecessary questions. Only then did he ask Johnny to personally keep an eye on her while he dealt with Choi but Y/N wouldn't let him go. He had to send Johnny and Kun in his stead to get rid of the lawyer while he stayed with Y/N.

"Can I see?" His voice was barely more than a whisper. Y/N nodded once and slid the dress off her shoulders, letting it pool at her feet. Taeyong's gasp seemed to suck the oxygen out of the bathroom. He had seen worse injuries countless times but Y/N's made him dizzy.

There was hardly an area on her abdomen that was its normal color. Blotches of purple ran up her side too. And the region below her left breast was bandaged heavily where a blade had cut her when she'd tried to escape her attackers.

He wanted to get down on his knees and beg for her forgiveness for all the stupid arguments they'd had and all the physical, not to mention emotional pain she had suffered because of him. "It's okay," she said as a lone tear dripped down her cheek. Reading his mind once again.

Taeyong brushed his fingers on the bruises with a feathery touch. Y/N closed her eyes tightly. "I'm so sorry," he said. He cupped her cheeks and kissed her forehead.

Y/N showered and changed into comfortable clothing with Taeyong's help. And after they had dinner Taeyong tucked her in bed. He wanted to sit by her side until she fell asleep but figuring she probably would not want that, Taeyong stood up to leave. Y/N's hand shot out, grasping his wrist.

"Taeyong?" She whispered.

"Yeah, baby?"

"Please stay," she said quietly. Without a word, Taeyong slid in beside her. She rested her head on his arm and snuggled in close. It had only been a few days but Taeyong became aware of how much he'd missed this feeling. Her clean scent and warmth comforted him.

His hold on her was loose, afraid he'd hurt her if he held her too tight. Instead, he ran his fingers through her hair. She liked that. "Taeyong?"

"Hmm?"

"What happened to the people who attacked me? Are they in jail?"

He only considered lying to her for a second but he was done with lies. "Some of them."

"What about the rest? What about their boss?"

"They're all dead," he replied truthfully, knowing that Y/N would not like the answer. Her silence stretched on. "Y/N?" He prodded.

"Yeah?"

"You okay?"

"I think so." After a moment she spoke up again, "I'm sorry, babe. I haven't been myself lately. I've been throwing tantrums like a prepubescent child."

Taeyong grinned, "you had every right to."

"But still." Her voice suggested she was almost asleep.

"All is forgiven," he whispered in her hair. "Goodnight, baby."

"Goodnight," she murmured back.

xxx

Part 2 is complete! Let me know your thoughts.

Also, don't forget to vote if you liked it.