Chapter Thirteen

~I can feel the rush of adrenaline, I'm not scared to jump if you want to, let's just fall in love for the hell of it~. WDW.

Corrine.

"What?! You rejected him?!" Ethan's asked in utter bemusement. His eyes had widen so much that if I wasn't talking about a serious issue I would have burst out laughing at the comical look on his face.

"Yes, I did. He wasn't going to accept me Ethan and I can't just live my life knowing that. He let me go and for me to fully move on, I need to let him go too." I stated factually.

"But why would you reject him! Even though he's quite distant it doesn't mean he doesn't care about you. I know you too haven't bonded or even talked but I'm sure you're relationship could easily improve if you both faced your problems." Ethan voiced out his thoughts that were filled with hope. I didn't share them though. I had seen first hand how rejection had destroyed my mother and I couldn't simply get over it.

"I'm sorry Ethan but it's both our faults. We are too different for each other." I replied.

"There must be something that make both of you compatible. You weren't just paired for no reason." Ethan explained. He had hope for me and Primus Genesis. Yet I myself did not have it. A thought raced through my mind when I realized something. I had never asked Ethan about his beloved or if he had one.

"What about you, Ethan. Don't you have a beloved? " I asked and instantly his eyes leave mine and stare at the tiled floor.

"No, not really. I'm about 60 years and I have never met her." He confessed and I choked on air.

"60?" I stuttered. Then how old is Genesis? As if reading my mind, he chuckles.

"Oh he's almost 120 years old. I was born 60 years after him." I gaped at him wondering why he had not bothered to reveal this important peace of information. So technically I was mated to a grandpa.

"So he's an old man. I don't how to feel about that. Should I be creeped out or disgusted. Maybe both." I uttered, not really knowing what to feel about the whole situation.

"It's not that bad, I mean he hasn't wrinkled out," as if that would make me feel any better. I wasn't his mate anymore though.

"It doesn't even matter, we'll never be together anyway." I replied, standing up from my sit.

"I wish you wouldn't give up so easily on him, Corrine. He needs you as much as you need him." It was the first time Ethan was using my name and it sounded so weird. I wanted him to keep calling me sunshine. I was so used to it. Yet his words registered in my mind.

"What if I wanted someone not to give up on me too. What if I want somebody to stand up for me for once. Is that wrong? Is it wrong that I want him to be the one to change his mind not me doing all the hardwork." I replied. But even I knew that a part of that was a complete lie. I had willingly rejected him because a part of me couldn't forget my mother whose heart had been ripped open. I couldn't  erase her pale face and her wide eyes that had stared into nothing yet unseeing. I couldn't forget the pain that had ripped through my chest. And I didn't know if I was willing to let that pain go.

"I hope you know how much of a blessing ones beloved is." He tries to convince me yet my mind was already made up. I couldn't be with him. For so many reasons.

"I hope one day you see sense and maybe he does too."

I did not even know Genesis. He had been old and distant since we met. Apart from the fact that he was just my beloved -- mate there was nothing else that bound us together. We were neither friends or enemies. Just people who often met. One a prisoner, the other a leader.

"Where will you be going after this?" Ethan asked changing the subject. He hated the thought of rejection and I knew he didn't want to dwell much further on it.

"I don't know, the Primus did not give any further explanation about me leaving here." I explained.

Before I could reply, the door to the kitchen, where we currently were, slammed open. My eyes snap up and met ruby red ones that belonged to Amelia.

"Amelia, hi" Ethan greeted coolly.

"Ethan." She grumbled. Her eyes meet mine and a sneer forms on my lips. I wanted to repay back but I held the anger in knowing it would only cause more chaos and I was risking my chances of leaving here.

"What is she doing here?" She hissed, her every word filled with pure venom.

"Well, she's your brother's beloved and she has every right to stay here." Ethan murmured as if it were obvious.

"Yeah but you rejected him. He's now lying down nursing his breaking heart." Was she angry that I rejected him?

"But finally you can leave this place and never come back." Of course not.

"Shut it, Amelia. Aren't you even a bit remorseful about the whole situation." Ethan glared at her, his eyes turning slightly red for the first time in... Well forever.

"Aren't you ashamed of your actions, Ethan. Supporting the same creatures thst ruined our lives? The ones that had almost destroyed our lives? Have you forgotten our. . .parents?" Amelia hesitated and I was lost. What had happened? What did my former pack do to scar this people. What had happened to make Amelia vengeful and Genesis not want to accept her as his mate. Ethan face falls and his eyes grew distant, a look I had never seen on his cheerful face. My thoughts were confirmed then. There was more to Ethan and everyone else here than meets the eye.

"What are you talking about? What does she mean?" I asked Ethan and he barely glanced at me before he rose and left the room, quickly followed by Amelia whose eyes held an emotion I was thoroughly familiar with. Pain. Utter pain. Questions instantly flooded my mind and every part of me wanted to know reasons for their weird reactions yet I couldn't find it in me to go and ask Primus Genesis.

What had scarred them so bad?

         *

Hey it's me again :)

Fav food?

Vote. Comment. Share.