Chapter 50

It was in her third life that Diego first discovered how to transfer Hillise's abilities to Ricardo.

Hillise faltered when she opened the black box in front of her.

"Father....what is this?"

"You'll have to eat that every day from now on. Think of it as a medicine."

It looked like a red pearl, and it also looked like a coloured bead.

One thing is for sure, as Diego said, it was never seen as a pill that could be taken.

For some reason, I felt ominous energy flowing over the vivid red lustre.

Still, Hillise did what Diego told her to do when he said it was the only way to transfer her power to Ricardo.

It wasn't as difficult as Hillise was prepared to swallow what Diego gave her every day as if she were taking medicine before meals.

As Diego said, it was true that it was a strange medicine, and soon after I took it, I felt that the strength of my body was weakly reduced.

At this rate, I thought Ricardo's strength would be transferred quickly, so Hillise seemed to be a little relieved now.

It was about 15 days after I felt strange.

Hillise became very sleepy and felt an unprecedented sense of fatigue.

One day, I opened my eyes in the morning and woke up from bed and got injured by falling down on the floor because I had no strength in my body.

The days of nosebleeds increased, and sometimes I had blood clots.

My heart often felt stuffy and aching, as if a huge stone had been placed on my chest.

As the time goes, Ricardo said the more she did, the better she was, and he's adding, "Don't worry about useless things and take red medicine more often.".

Hillise's body became weaker and weaker.

It was as if it was not only strength that was dying inside her.

The body began to dry out day by day like an empty branch, and later, without someone's help, it was impossible to stand up and walk alone.

Ricardo, who sometimes appeared in front of Hillise, would also harden his face to Hillise, who was getting thinner day by day.

Hillise sometimes refused to take it, feeling intense fear.

At that time, Diego would scold Hillise severely, saying, "I'm going to give you a hard time."

However, Diego also seemed to be uncomfortable looking at Hillise, who was getting sicker as the day went by, and from some point on, he would persuade her with a softer tone than usual.

Hillise also became weak, suppressing the fear in her heart and swallowing what Diego had given her.

Like that, a few more months passed.

Now, in Hillise's body, only a weak sensibility was stuck like a shallow current.

But that handful of power never disappeared from Hillise, making Diego nervous.

* * *

"Why is there still no news? It was said that if you feed Calicia's tears, your power will be completely dissipateㆍㆍㆍ!"

Diego was angry again.

It was a surprising fact that Diego discovered after investigating various fields. Still, the blood of Kalykia had the effect of permanently consuming the power of the person who swallowed it little by little.