9. One hell of a place

Our bus slowly moves towards the main gate

Our bus slowly moves towards the main gate. That's when I see the board saying 'SM INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCE'. Holy shit! We are paired with them? Are they kidding us? SMIMS is literally one of the best med schools in the country. Moreover how can they pair up humanities students with medicos. This is seriously fucked up.

We all get down the bus...and that's when I notice the surroundings. The campus is beautiful. They have a big lawn in the middle of which the walking lane cuts through. There are many buildings and a huge playground. There is also a vehicle parking zone which is filled with the most expensive cars. There's green everywhere. The garden and lawn is neatly managed. This is one hell of a beautiful place. I turn around and notice that my professors are talking to someone. Everyone around me is as amazed as me. They're all busy taking in the lavish beauty before them. I wonder how their living quarters will be..coz that is where we will be staying for the next 2 months.

Soon one of the professors directed us to move to the auditorium where we are supposed to gather for the first meeting for the project. He said our luggage will be sent to our designated rooms by the end of the meeting. Some junior students helped us in finding our way to the auditorium.

As soon as I entered the doorway..I was stunned. The audi is majestic and well furnished. The left half of the seats have been already filled by our fellow partners. The right half is left for us. Even with 100 of us and assuming that the selected among them will also number 100..only 1/3rd of it is occupied. So the capacity of seatings is much more than what is filled right now.

One more peculiar thing which I observed is that not even one student from their side is talking. They're all deadly silent. The only sounds heard are our whispers and shoes clicking. I took a seat in third row. Still people are occupying their seats. I take my time to observe our partner college students. None of them is even looking at our direction. Most of them are reading something..and the remaining have bored expressing on their face. Ugh! They're acting like they are least interest I this program. Strange😏

Few minutes later all our professors walk in...ours and theirs. They take the front rows assigned only for professors. One of them walks up to the stage and starts speaking.

"Good morning one and all. I'm Dr. Pradhan seti. I welcome you all to this new program we've been assigned to. It's the first time in history sometime this has been done. Nevertheless we have a lot of challenges and problems that need to be dealt with in this program. Both of you...medical students and arts students will learn subjects and concepts that are completed to either one of you or sometimes even to both of you. Whatever you learn in this span of 3 months is what you apply in your professional courses hereafter".

"Now I know most of you must be thinking why combine different fields..that's the beauty of this project. All of us are conditioned to excel in our own particular field by cooperation with our own kind of field companions...but during disasters/calamities/ real life circumstances we are all exposed to the unconventional turn of events. There will be situations when a doctor alone can't handle an emergency..she/he may need the advice and service of a person who understands social relations and obligations well. Sometimes there maybe circumstances where even a arts student's research, analysis, prediction is very needed before even trying to bring a new health policy or program into action".

"In such kind of situations..most of us freeze. Because we are all conditioned throughout our professional lives to interact and associate with only our field mates. This project will change that. You will learn how both of you can help each other and fasten the development process by integration your works and experiences together. So once again..I welcome you all to this unique platform".

Are you guys excited for the next chapter?

*guys please vote and leave a comment if you like the story💙*