T W E N T Y-F O U R

~Curse~

Slight mature scenes

Athea didn't know how long she stood outside the doors to the Malfoy's drawing room.

Her heart was pumping so hard in her chest that she could clearly hear its rough rhythm through her ears. She had memorized the pattern of the doors in front of her, carefully retained all the curved details that outlined the rich ebony wood. Each deep cave and each mischievous scratch, she would probably remember its mould.

Even if the Dark Lord was supposedly her father she couldn't help but still be frightened of the famous wizard. There were so many stories and legends of the cruel things he had done, he was a killer, a murderer without any shame, and Athea felt ill anytime she would think about being related to such a person. However, he had apparently called for her this evening. Two weeks since they had first met and only now had he wanted to truly have a greeting with his daughter. How lovingly.

She was also worried to see Draco, going from seeing him almost everyday to having no contact with him for two weeks had been surprisingly strange. Athea knew she shouldn't, but she missed him. She was still furious with him, of course, she probably wouldn't be able to find it within her to completely forgive him after he used veritaserum on her without consent and lied to her throughout the whole school year. But, he was like a drug, an addiction.

He had made her feel things, things that she hadn't felt for a long time. Awoken her from the nightmare of her past relationship and showed care that she had craved for years. Athea wondered how he was feeling. His father had been sent to Azkaban, it must be hurting him. But knowing him he wouldn't show it, he was a master at disguising his thoughts and emotions, much to Athea's jealousy.

She pushed open the doors.

She remembered the last time she was in this room. Before there had been multiple people around: Athea, Draco, Narcissa, Snape, Bellatrix and the Dark Lord. She hardly even noticed anyone else's presence before, she only saw Voldemort. Now, it was only Athea and her father.

"Athea, I can't explain how pleased I am you could join me." The snake like man grinned a grin that presented his rotting teeth from where he sat at the head of the long table. "Please, take a seat."

She watched his pale hand lightly pat the space next to him, the cruel smile never left his thin lips. Athea gulped, her nerves seemed to grow stronger now she was in the same room as him-dark magic roamed the air, she could feel it. She had felt it a lot over the last few months, it should have been an indication of what was to come, she thought.

He smiled more when she didn't move from her spot near the door. "Come now, child. You have no reason to be afraid." He drawled.

Athea's fingers twitched from where she had them hidden behind her back, taking cautious steps forwards she made her way closer to him. It felt almost menacing to be this close to him, especially when she tentatively took her seat a mere metre away from him.

"You're a quiet little thing." He looked down at her, his posture was exquisite, she noticed. "I would have assumed finding out your father was the greatest wizard in history would have heightened your confidence."

She had no idea what to say, her words were frozen in her throat like an iceberg. Her eyes stayed downwards staring at the table while Voldemort sighed, his tone growing harsher. "I hope scheduling this meeting wouldn't end up a waste of my time, I have duties to uphold."

Athea's hands shook from under the table, she was thankful he couldn't see how her fear showed, however her voice seemed to be a clear presentation of how frightened she really was. "Of course not, my Lord."