1

George let out a small sigh of boredom as he sat in his room. Ever since the stupid rumors of Sharks attacking smaller towns had emerged, his father trapped him in his room, commanding that George didn't leave.

What. Bullshit.

Sharks were extinct, the king of Caenuvia made sure of that. George had heard so many stories from his father about how all the kingdoms gathered to destroy the sharks. All of them ended in how his father killed the Shark king.

Whenever George asked what happened with the sharks, since in the past they were such a peaceful kingdom. The answer always was that the sharks had been lying backstabbing mers, after the war, the kingdoms had found hundreds, maybe even thousands of bones hiding in the chambers of the sharks, all of different mer species, killed for either sport or for food. Some of the bones looked as if they had been there for many years, some newer. It didn't change the fact that the sharks were dangerous

George's mother had been a victim to them, he never fully knew her before she died, only being a small child when she did.

But that was all history, sharks had been gone for 17 years now, and George was more than capable of taking care of himself. The brunette rose from his perch and swam over to his room door, as he slammed his doors open, he met face to face with the kings advisor, Wilbur. "Your majesty!" The jellyfish mer exclaimed, his stinging tendrils floating up in alarm. George nodded, "Hello Wilbur, I'm heading out, to go scavenge around for rare items." He said, quickly swimming past the advisor

"Wait Prince George!" Wilbur exclaimed, making George stop, "It's not safe!" George chuckled, "Wilbur, I know that there's rumors but, sharks are extinct, besides our kingdom is the biggest, therefore if those rumors are true, they wouldn't come here!" Wilbur let out a nervous sigh, "Sire.... At least... At least take a guard with you!" George was fed up, "No I'll be fine, I won't go too far." The brunette snapped, swimming away before the jellyfish could say more

Being out of the palace calmed George immensely, outside, he didn't need to act 'Proper' he could just be himself. He sat in a barren coral reef, quietly humming to himself. It was quiet, which didn't bother him at all, what bothered him was that he felt like he was being watched.

There was clattering of rocks, which made the dolphin mer guess who it was,
"I swear to Poseidon Wilbur, I told you that I didn't need protection!" he snapped, getting up from the sand and swimming away. He was abruptly cut off, slammed into a coral and pulled against someone. "HEL-!" George tried to scream out but a hand clasped over his mouth. "Biggest kingdom doesn't mean it's the safest, your majesty..." a rough, low voice whispered in his ear. George whimpered as his captor chuckled.

"I'm gonna let you talk... but if you scream I'll kill you." The stranger threatened, slowly lifting his hand off of George's mouth. The dolphin mer let out a shaky breath, then asked, "Who are you and what do you want from me..." hesitation, then the reply came, "Names Dream.... And I'm one of those Rumored sharks...." George froze, No it wasn't true, Sharks were gone.

He lightly brushed his tail against the unknown mers, it wasn't like any tail he had felt before, definitely not a normal fish tail. He slowly reached his hands behind him, feeling around for scales, none, like his kind. His fingertips were met with silky smoothness, comforting George in a strange way, he would've left them on Dreams skin if the other mer hadn't let out a small chuckle, "You don't even know me and you're already touching me all over, furthermore you haven't even seen me...." The shark teased as the dolphin abruptly took his hands back.

"Y-you didn't answer me... What do you want from me?" George quickly changed the subject, not wanting to be teased any longer. The grip on his waist grew tight, making him wince slightly, silence hung around the two. Finally Dream sighed, "I've been sent to kill you..." George froze, his hands quickly gripping onto Dream's. The Shark was caught off guard when the dolphin flipped him over, slamming him down to the sand with his tail. Not even glancing at the Shark, George quickly swam off, fear gripping him, he had to get home...

————————-
Dream groaned as he slowly got up, his mind swimming with bloodthirsty needs, but he quelled them. Taking a deep breath, he smelled for the dolphin that had just escaped him, quickly locking onto his scent. A smiled creeped on the sharks face, "Got you."
————————-

George was lost, he swam too fast and forgot the turns to get back home, what lovely luck... Plus bonus he was at a dead end!

The brunette let out a soft sigh, sitting down in the sand. He had swam far enough from Dream, it wouldn't matter if he sat here for a few moments. 

He spent this time trying to remember all that he could about the shark species, finding lots of wrong with just the feeling. The scrolls had said that sharks had rough skins, but the Shark that caught him, had the softest skin. Maybe Dream was lying, maybe he was just a weirdo dolphin!

George was too caught up in his thoughts to notice the figure swimming up to him, hands reaching out to him, ready to grab him again. Then a loud voice erupted from nearby, "PRINCE GEORGE!" It was Wilbur. The brunette looked up and was met with bright green eyes staring down at him, he tensed up, ready to swim away if needed, and if Dream tried to get him, Wilbur was close and could kill the shark mer.

But instead of lunging for him, Dream slowly glanced behind himself, then motioned the dolphin to be quiet. George watched the other mer settle down close to him, then took a moment to take in the features of Dream.

He had short and messy dirty blond hair, very toned body, freckles splattered across his cheeks and nose, but what caught George's attention the most was his green eyes. The shark was too focused on looking towards the exit of the dead end to notice the brunettes oogling. They both heard an aggravated sigh, "Go find the prince they said, it'll be easy they said!" Wilbur grumbled, swimming right past the dead end, clearly not noticing the two there.

They both stayed quiet as the jellyfish's angry mumbling faded, George completely forgetting the danger he was in of the mer next to him, burst out laughing, startling Dream. His laughter was soft and gentle, it sent tingles through the dirty blond mer, a light blush dusting his cheeks. "Oh my gosh.... I've never hidden from Wilbur like that! He'll be so mad at me when I go back home!" The dolphin prince giggled, looking at Dream with bright eyes.

Dream nodded slowly, laying down on his stomach as he watched George laugh about the advisor. His internal bloodlust was quiet without him forcing it to be quiet, he didn't even notice it, too focused on the dolphins laughter. The prince calmed down looking down at his hands, "Man, It's so much fun being out here, not being told what to do, being able to do things with my own free will... Do you live like this every day?" He murmured, looking back at Dream.

The Shark shrugged, "I never really go out of hiding... Sharks aren't supposed to be alive, and even when I'm out here, I'm still under many orders..." the brunette paused, suddenly remembering why they were there, "Why does your kind want to kill me? Why not my father?" It was Dream's turn to pause, the silence scared George.

After a few more moments the Shark finally spoke, "I think you should go..." he murmured, getting up. "W-What? But...-!" George tried to argue but a low snarl erupted from Dream. When George met his eyes, he saw a faint red tint, but it seemed like the shark was holding something back, "Just go..." the shark forced out, pulling George up and shoving him out of the dead end.

The dolphin stopped at the entrance turning his head slightly, "Can we at least... Try to meet again tomorrow?" The shark widened his eyes, like he couldn't believe that George just asked that.

Instead of saying no, he lightly nodded, flashing a toothy smile. George smiled back, then swam off, leaving a warm feeling in Dream.

The Shark felt his bloodlust calm, the thought of the dolphin ingrained in his mind. The way his fingers felt along his skin, the way he laughed, his smile most of all. The dirty blond never felt that from another shark, especially the ones his family tried to get him to mate to make their species grow again. He let out a sigh, so much for killing the dolphin prince....

———————————-
1526 words

Fucking another impulsive mermay fic