Chapter 8

6:45pm; Avengers tower;

We got back to the tower, and after I entered, some man came up to me with one eye patch covering his left eye. "Mórrígan Brock" He looked me up and down. "Strange looking pirate?" I answered. "Come with me." He turned around and started walking away. "Uhm, no." The pirate turned around and looked at me. "Excuse me?" "I said no. I had a really rough day and need a hot shower right now." I waved at him and got to the elevator. He followed me and pressed a button. He kept talking to me, so I put my headphones in and started listening to music.  

We arrived at the 87th floor, the living and guest area, and he pulled me out of the elevator. "You are such a gentleman." I said in a sarcastic way. We entered the living room, and to my surprise, the team was there and waited for me. "Where have you been?" Tony asked me and I looked at him confused. "Why?" I asked him, wondering why he wanted to know. "We have been trying to call you, but you didn't answer so some of us got worried." By the end of the sentence he looked over to Steve. "I was with my boyfriend." Steve tiled his head and raised his eyebrows and gave me a AndNowTheTruthPlease look. "See I told you, Rogers." Tony turned to him and pointed at me. 

"Yeah, you were right. Morgan, can we talk?" "Sure, why not." We wanted to leave the room, but got stopped by Mr. Pirate. "Not yet, we have to talk first Brock" I took a deep breath and looked at him. "I still don't know your name Mr-" "Nick Fury." Steve came up to me, and told me who exactly this man was. "So you're an important member of SHIELD and the guy who showed stark the security footage. Nice to meet you." I smiled widely and hold my hand out to shake his. "Can I go now?" "No. You are going to explain me some stuff now. Let's sit down." We sat down on the couch and started talking. I asked Wanda to put the tater tots in the freezer, so I can put them in the oven later. 

"What is it that the pirate wants to know?" I leaned back and smiled at him. "Don't call me pirate." "But I like the nickname." He sighed and looked at me. "Whose blood is this." He pointed at my hand, on which was still a little of my blood. The others started to look at my hand now, too. "Mine." "What happened?" "I kinda got shot while walking back home." "WHAT?" Steve yelled behind me and I flinched a little. "It's okay, he wanted my money, I refused, he shot me and then ran away after I told him that I know the avengers."  "Why is there no blood on your shirt?" Fury asked. "Oh, this isn't my shirt. It's- my boyfriends. I took it with me, so I can sleep in it. And after I got shot, I changed in a little alley."

"Why aren't you bleeding anymore?" I started smiling and turned to Natasha. "Mórrígan, no. I won't give you a gun." She said as if she could read my mind. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my left leg and heard a gunshot. "FURY!" Tony yelled. "It would be easier if you shot me in the stomach, but the leg works too." I said, while breathing heavily. Getting shot two times a day, really isn't that nice. "I don't like him." "You don't like anyone" I whispered back, and tried hiding it with a cough.

Venom healed the wound, and Fury touched my leg. "Woah calm down. I don't let strangers touch my thigh." "Interesting... How does this work?" He asked me and I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know." "Did you started with the tests?" "What tests?" I asked and got up from the couch. "We wanted to start next week, after she decided whether she stays or not." Banner answered me. "She told me she will stay." Steve said and then looked at me.

"Guess you are an Avenger now." Tony said, crossed his arms and smiled at me. "Welcome to the-" "WHAT TESTS?!" I interrupted him and raised my voice.
"We wanna know how your body heals itself. So we have to run some test on-" "Forget it." "Mórrígan-" I left the room and ran into mine, but Steve stopped me before I could open the door.

"Where were you actually?" He asked with his leader voice. "I was eating pizza, walking around to clear my mind and to stop myself from killing my roommate cause he snooped around, and then got shot." "Are you okay?" "Actually, no. I am scared. I don't really like when people run tests on me, and I didn't think it would be necessary if I join your club." He looked at his feet and then back at me. "I'll talk to them and try to change their minds." "Thanks Stevie, means a lot." I smiled at him and then entered my room, and saw Bucky waiting for me. Great.