CHAPTER 2

Five years ago

Mia skipped down the stairs towards the kitchen where she met her parents. They were both talking about the work while enjoying breakfast. Mia was an only child and wanted to have at least one brother or sister, but too late now.

"Good morning, mama and papa!" She kissed both of their cheeks before sitting down. She took a slice of bread and paired it up with a raspberry jam.

Mia was on the summer holiday before her second year of college started. She was happy to be at home with her parents and cousins, especially with her cousin Alejandra. Alejandra married early and already had a little daughter. But she was also adventurous.

"Alejandra asked me to come with her tonight. She is taking me somewhere." Mia announced.

"That's fine as long as you stick with her. If you go to some club or something like that, stay with her." Her father warned. She curtly nodded and went back to eating her food.

She never went to any club so she wondered if Alejandra will actually take her there? Knowing her cousin, she probably will.

She finished her breakfast and headed up to her room. She reached for the phone on her nightstand and saw that there was a message from Alejandra.

"Girl, you ready for tonight?" Mia smiled and replied.

"Yes. But where are we going?"

A few moments later, there was a ding on her phone.
"You'll see. But don't forget to wear something sexy."

"We are going to some club, aren't we?" Mia replied.

"Not telling. Be patient, silly girl."

Mia shook her head before opening her closet to see if there is anything pretty enough to wear for whatever place they were going to. She had few dresses she liked but rarely wore them. But she decided on one.

***

Three hours before midnight, Alejandra arrived to pick up Mia. Her mouth was hung open when she took in her little cousin's look. Mia wore a satin light pink dress with thin straps that complimented all of her curves perfectly.

"You look amazing. All eyes will be on you." Alejandra gushed excitedly and gave a quick kiss to Mia's cheek after she got in the car.

"Thank you. Does it look like I did too much?" She asked unsurely.

"Of course not. You look perfect." Alejandra reassured.

"Thanks. What about Paula?" Mia asked about her little daughter who was at home contently sleeping.

"I told Juan to take care of her for the night. Girl, I haven't seen you in a long time. We need to celebrate." Alexandra said as she was driving.

"Five months is not that long." Mia chuckled.

"I still missed you." Alejandra pouted.

They reached the club just like Mia predicted as they both walked inside after showing their ID. Inside was loud and Mia felt obnoxious, realizing that men looked at her. Alejandra pulled her to the bar and ordered few shots for them.

"Hey, you wait here and don't move. I'm going to order a song from DJ." Alejandra yelled over the music. Mia nodded staying glued to the barstool.

Alejandra disappeared into the crowd, making Mia wait. Mia was looking around the club feeling a bit uncomfortable with the stares some random men were giving to her. And she regretted wearing the dress.