• 09 •

EVA

                                  EVA

arthur

That was Axel's handle on Instagram. Just the single name. His page had been suggested to me, as were a bunch of other Ivacy High students, but his, and a few others, were the ones that actually piqued my interest. I made several screenshots of the pages in order not to forget to check them out later.

He took exceptionally nice pictures and his photographer, if he had one, —although I highly doubted that he did— wouldn't swap his/her occupation for the world. Not with the amount of smiles he threw at the camera every chance he got, it seemed.

He had a lot of female fans. I knew that because I was stalking the hell out of his page. Clicking on every photo, reading every comment and clicking on the female profiles to see if he followed them. It was pathetic. Really. But I couldn't be helped.

He had quite a large number of following —all thanks to his good looking self. As I scrolled even lower, to posts about five months ago, I stumbled upon a picture of him wearing running shorts and a tank top. He was at a stadium, the rows of seated people gave that away, and he was doubled over with his hands on his knees, and an exhausted expression on his face.

I clicked on the picture to see it clearer and found out that there were actually three pictures in the post. I swiped. The next picture was of him facing the seated people with his hands on his waist, that tired expression still on his face and in the last, he appeared not to know his picture was being taken.

He had taken his top off, his glorious six-pack bared as he ran his hand through his hair. Sweat glistened on his chest and abdomen, making it impossible for me to focus on anywhere else. He was so incredibly hot and just so damn fine that I couldn't look away.

I stared at the picture for a complete five minutes before looking away, and that was only because a notification popped in that I had a new follower. My first follower. Excited and  not a little bit curious, I checked.

It was Axel!

Oh my God he followed me. How did he even come across my account? I had only created it today, merely two hours ago. With some coercing from my foster mom, and a subtle encouragement from Abi, I had finally summoned up the courage and opened my own Instagram account.

So how had Axel found my account so quickly?

I went back to the home page and that was when I saw how he'd found my account. I had accidentally liked his picture. The one with him shirtless and sweaty. Oh, God. Now he was going to know that I had been stalking his page, secretly for that matter and I had taken it so far that I had accidentally liked a picture of over five months ago.

Panic seeped into my bones and my palms started to sweat. What did I do? Did I follow him back and play it cool like I hadn't gone all stalker mode on him? Did I come out clean? Or did I just plain ignore that he had followed me?