90

Jax's POV

The second the door opened I was awake but I pretended that I wasn't. Chances are the person was either Andrew or Mary and I wasn't in the mood to answer any questions they would have right now.

People whispered on the other side of the room but I couldn't hear what they were saying so I attempted to just go back to sleep when Callum begin to wake up beside me, followed shortly by Liam.

"We need to get him up now," a voice whispered. Callum nodded sleepily beside me before he started his assault.

"Babe," he grumbled out as he shook my shoulder. He seemed to be just as tired as I was. "Babe we need to get up." When I don't answer Liam tries.

"Jax, get your ass up so we can go to sleep faster," he says grumpily but I still don't answer. "We aren't doing this again. We all know you can't sleep through rain hitting the roof, stop fighting this. It has to happen eventually."

I pout, making Callum chuckle a bit before slowly peeling my eyes open. The sight in front of me immediately put me on edge.

There were entirely too many people in here. Andrew, Patrick, Mary, and some older woman all stood in the corner of the room staring at me. Andrew and Mary look concerned while Patrick wears his usual and annoying smile. The other woman looks like she would rather be anywhere but here.

I could feel myself slipping when the woman came closer. My shoulders tensed as I pulled Ryder in closer again as I glare at all of them.

"None of that," Callum says gently. "She's just going to make sure you're okay."

"I'm fine," I spit out as I continue to shield a still sleeping Ryder for the woman.

"Mr. Young," the woman said, annoyance proudly displayed on her face. "The faster we get this done the faster I can get you and you're.... friends, back your cabin."

Callum scowls at her slightly disapproving tone but says nothing to encourage me going over there.

"What's happening," Ryder asked as he shifted awake. His eyes go wide at the crowd as well as he shrinks back into me.

"Get out," I seethed out, to my surprise everyone but the strange woman flinched back but she stopped coming closer.

"They want to give Jax a check up," Liam says as he continues to play with my arm. Ryder eyes light up in realization as he looks up at me.

"We need to get this done Jax," Andrew says with a small sigh. " It's state law."

"Well you're a cop," I say to Patrick. "Just say that we did it."

"We both know I can't do that."

I didn't even care that they would probably see the bruises; I had a lie for those already, I didn't even really care that they would touch me. I cared that I was going to have to leave them in order to get this done and I'm not entirely sure I could be away from them without slipping the rest of the way.

"Would less people help?" Ryder whispered. "We could wait outside," he shifted as if he was about to get up and leave. He didn't get far before my breathing picked up and my mind become fuzzy. My arms reach out to him without me telling them to before they roughly bring him back to my chest.

"Less of them," I grumbled out after I had calmed down. "Yes. Less of you, absolutely not."

"Okay, who needs to leave then?" Callum asked, his hair going back to play with my hair.

"Patrick can stay. Only Patrick."

Mary frowned but was already heading towards the door. Andrew seemed hurt followed closely behind Mary.