Chapter 48: Thanksgiving Horrors

Chapter 48

Thanksgiving Horrors

This was it. What was going to be the longest day of chaos and werewolves.

I sat on the top of the stairs, clutching my phone. Titus and his family were going to be here soon, my extended family would be right behind them. My mother was humming in the kitchen as she did the final preparations. My dad was already watching football. I saw a black SUV pull up to the house. I'd never seen it, before so it had to be one of the pack's vehicles. Sucking in my lips, I waited for the doorbell to ring.

My mom's power over the alpha was not always a good thing. Werewolves didn't even celebrate Thanksgiving. The doorbell sounded.

"Aden," called my mother. "Can you get that sweetheart?"

"Yeah." I stood and jogged down the steps. Opening the door, I forced a smile for Titus and moved out of the way so they could enter. My parents had gathered at the base of the stairs.

I nudged Titus.

"Well you already know my dad, Xavier." He looked past his father. "This is my brother Darius, his wife Storm."

My mother looked to the woman at the alpha's side.

"I'm Rose."

"You must be Titus's mom." She hugged the woman. "It's so good to meet you."

"Adopted mom."

With pursed lips, my mother looked to Titus confused.

"My mom passed away when I was a baby unfortunately," Titus clarified. "Rose raised me."  

"That is so sweet of you." My mom smiled and squeezed Rose's hand. "Welcome to our home. I'm Karen and this is Quint." She went and looped arms with my father. "I've been so excited to meet the Ridge family and see where Titus came from. Come, come." She waved them into the kitchen. "I have refreshments."

Titus grabbed my arm. "Ridge?"

"She asked me what you're last name was," I whispered. "I panicked. I couldn't think of anything else."

He laughed and ruffled my hair.

"Would you like a drink?" asked my mom, as she got out the platters filled with snacks from the fridge.

They shook their heads.

"We're fine, thanks," said the alpha. He sat down on the stool.

"So Darius," said my mother, "How long have you been married?"

He sat down next to his mother and with his arm around his mate's waist. "Nearly two years now."

Storm nodded. "In a couple months."

"Are you older or younger than Titus?" My mom placed some crackers and cold cuts in front of the two male werewolves.

"I'm older but just by a few months." Darius quickly popped a few in his mouth.

"Do you need any help?" asked Rose, standing at my mother side.

She gave the alpha's mate a smile and set her to work making a pie filling. I tugged on Titus's arm and led him to the living room. My dad had returned to his spot in his chair.

"I think my wife will be running your pack soon," he said in a hushed voice.

Titus's tried to hold in his laughter. "She hard to say no to."

My father glanced down at the dog, who was curled up in his lap. "I'm well aware. Never been an animal person, now look at me." He sighed and sank into his seat.