Chapter 14 - Fifty Lives Taken on That Night

Just to warn my dear readers beforehand, this chapter contains gore. I don't know how to rate it, so... just to warn y'all! Continue reading!

A flurry of weapons clashed in the underground tunnel.

Sparks had flickered from the impact between the blades. Luo Binghe swung his sword Zhengyang wildly without pause at the disciples surrounding him. He blocked himself from the fifty spears pointed in his direction. By his side, Shen Qingqiu unsheathed his sword as well.

The blades reflected the furrowed brows of both sides.

"What do you want from us?" Shen Qingqiu spat. His sword collided against an attacking spear, pushing it far away from his own body. The disciple attacking him had withdrawn.

That disciple looked at him with a weird look. "Surrender, and your death will be painless."

Luo Binghe and Shen Qingqiu stood with their backs pressed to one another. They faced the encircle of Mo Clan disciples, their swords pointed across their front.

"Never." Luo Binghe didn't even need to answer, and his Shizun already understood his intentions.

Their swords gleamed a bright light.

"Then we fight till your deaths." The disciple spared no mercy, and then raised his spear to attack again. Another few spars of weapons had clashed in the tunnel. The sound rattled and resounded off the hollow and cold hard walls. Shen Qingqiu's white sleeves fluttered in the wind, riled up from the currents of the battle. He swung his sword again.

The disciple he fought against had his spear thrown out from his hands. Surprised at the power, the disciple didn't get to take another breath before he was impaled by a blade in the abdomen.

Luo Binghe stabbed forwards, then took his sword back from the bloodied up disciple.

He emotionlessly watched that disciple collapse. Their life faded away from their eyes.

Luo Binghe looked down at the remaining forty-nine disciples, who gasped at their dead comrade. Rage fondled their intestines as they pounced forwards. They lost awareness and went out of control from their actions. Swinging their spears wildly, they no longer feared for anything.

Those forty-nine disciples just wanted to kill the two guest cultivators! Even if it meant bringing themselves down with them! They wouldn't stop no matter what!

The distance between them closed by inches.

Then...

Abruptly, a loud sound rumbled. The entire tunnel began to shake uncontrollably, with the walls crumbling, like peeling layers and layers... Luo Binghe's eyes widened in shock. "Xie-xiong!"

With one punch, the ground above them had been punched a hole in by Xie Lian. The rocks fell down unto the tunnel ground, then four cultivators leaped inside. They landed lightly on the tunnel ground, with an extremely gentle footstep. Their robes fluttered in a tranquil manner, then slowly fell still.

The Mo Clan disciples stopped moving. They stared strangely at the grouped up three couples.

"Are we late?" Wei Wuxian whistled.

Luo Binghe's eyes lit up at the sight of the group. For once, he felt quite pleased to see Wei Wuxian again.

"Watch your back." Wei Wuxian blurted. He threw his sword, Suibian at the disciple that attempted to attack at Luo Binghe's back while he wasn't paying attention. The sword, Suibian had directly slashed the disciple across his chest, instantly sending him to death. Suibian was controlled by its owner's spiritual energy, then returned back into Wei Wuxian's hands.