Shannon Problem

Delilah

I watched mom's car pull off. A sense of relief washed over me as I watched them leave.

"Let's go talk to this little problem we have." Damon said and grabbed my hand, leading me to the basement. It was dark. I haven't ever been down here. Something I never wanted to be stuck in.

He opened the door and walked down the creaky old stairs. I heard heavy breathing. Once the light turned on, I could finally see Shannon.

She had no scars on her body, fresh or old. Damon wasn't a man who hurts women. He always had someone else do it. She glared at me. I stared at her face. Her cheeks were sunk in and her eyes puffy and red.

"Tell her why you did this." Damon said and crossed his arms.

"I did it because she don't deserve you. I do. We were meant to be together and she had to ruin it. This was my only chance and she had ruined it. I should be the one who gets you. Not her. I want to be the one who lies in bed with you. The one who you fuck senseless. Until the moon was high in the sky. But I can't do that because she is here." Shannon said and tucked her head. I kinda felt bad but what she did was wrong.

"You did it because of your jealousy? That's it?" I asked.

She nodded and smiled. "The second chance I get, I will kill you and he will be mine." She said and started laughing.

"This is... Is too much." I said and ran back upstairs. I went to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of whiskey. I grabbed a wine glass and poured it to the top before taking a sip. It burned my throat but I insisted on taking more.

I'll just drink. It always makes me forget all the pain I've been through. I downed the whole glass and went to pour more but it was taken from me. Damon took it and slammed the glass onto the floor. Glass went flying everywhere.

"What the hell?" I asked and set my empty glass down. "You are not going to end up like your mother. I will not tolerate this drinking. I told you, I will tie you to the bed to keep you from going anything like this and I guess I have to follow." Damon said and lifted me from the chair.

"W-Wait! Damon we can talk about this! Don't please. I don't want to be left alone. Please." I cried and grabbed his shirt. I could see sympathy in his eyes.

"Look at me baby." He said and grabbed my chin gently.

"I'm not going to do it but I want you to learn that you aren't going to be doing to yourself. I will not let you. But the next time this happens, I will not hesitate to tie you to the bedframe. Crystal?" He asked.

"Crystal clear." I said and curled into his arms. He nodded and went to the living room. I crawled onto the couch and pulled a blanket over me. My mind buzzed with thoughts.

He was actually gonna tie me to the bed. He was going to leave me there. I cant believe that he was going to. No I can't do this anymore. No more drinking. I am not going to be my mom. I will not be a drunk mother who can't take care of anyone. Let alone herself. I will do better. I will not grow up to be a drunk drug addict.

I will be a good person...

My last thought was the last as I fell into a deep sleep.

---

I woke up to a crack of thunder. Water was pounding against the window. I was still on the couch. The basement light was on. He was still down there huh.

I slowly pulled the blanket off of me and dragged my feet into the kitchen. I looked through the cabinet until I found a glass.

I took it to the sink and filled it halfway. I went to the counter and sat on one of the chairs and took a small sip. The water ran down my throat, leaving a coolness to fall behind.

A crack of lightning lit up the room. A loud thunder came rolling behind it. I jumped in the seat although I had seen it coming.

I looked around the room to see that there was no more glass on the floor. And  no more whiskey nor wine on the counter.

I drank the rest of my drink and got up. I placed it in the sink and walked back into the living room. I sat back down on the couch and turned the TV on. I scrolled through the Netflix channel before settling in The Walking Dead.

Season 4 episode 6.

I covered up in my blanket and watched. I could hear talking coming from the basement. I tried to think of anything but Ma but it all came back again. I couldn't keep it away. The thoughts wouldn't go away.

I shook my head and turned the TV up louder to drain my thoughts. I watched and curled up. A low grumble came from outside. I didn't bother looking up. A shadow ran across the window before disappearing. I glanced at the window for a second.

Could be wild animals. We've seen them everywhere. My eyes began to slowly close. The TV had blared the noise of the basement door opening. I heard footsteps before the blanket was pulled from me. My body was picked up and taken to the bedroom. I could feel Damon's naked chest moving against my arm.

When I was placed in the bed, I could feel Damon pull away but I grabbed his arm.

"Don't leave please." I said and opened my eyes. He nodded and crawled beside me.

I laid my head against his chest and draped my arm around his stomach.

His heartbeat had calmed me from the thunder and rain as I tried to relax. I sunk into his arms and stared up at the ceiling. The fan was spinning agonizingly slow. He ran his fingers up and down my thigh.

I could feel my eyes closing as I drifted off into sleep.