Chapter 01

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟏
*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Loud, busy, and filled to the brim are words that Aria used to describe Platform 9 3/4 for the past five years.

So when she arrives on September 1st it is no surprise that for the sixth year in a row, Platform 9 3/4 is still loud, busy, and filled to the brim.

Most times she enjoys visiting the platform. Aria isn't sure why. She's never been good with places filled with people nor has she ever been good with the stares she would receive as her family walked through the platform. In any other case, the stares would bother her. They would make her feel a level of discomfort that made her want to sink into the ground and disappear. But there's something about watching overly ecstatic eleven-year-olds run around with pointy hats as they wave their wands that makes her feel like she's home.

But still, not even the magic of the platform can take away the irritability of the scratchy robes that she is wearing. Sirius had given up on wearing robes to the platform by third year, despite all of Walburga's whinging. Aria would do the same but just the thought of the earful she would receive from her mother has her opting to just hide something far less uncomfortable under her robes. And then there's Regulus. The ever-perfect son who has never taken any issue with the robes.

It is quite the sight indeed. Four members of the Noble House of Black walking through the platform. All with the same blank and cold expression on their face. The people of the platform practically part to give them a direct path and just like every year before Aria had to bite her tongue to keep from telling them that they don't have to.

She never said it. She always remained silent, knowing better than to cause any trouble the day they're meant to return to Hogwarts.

Sirius on the other hand did not know better and the angry bruise on his left arm Aria knew he was hiding with his leather jacket is only proof of that.

She warned him every time. He knew what Walburga is like and yet it seems like he cared less and less by the year.

"I'm expecting you all to be on your best behavior—" Walburga wasn't even halfway through her sentence when Sirius shoved past her and walked up to the train's entrance with his trunk.

Aria watched as he went and Walburga took a deep breath in an attempt to remain composed.

She'll make him pay for it over the holiday break.

"Regulus Arcturus," She gripped his shoulder in a way some could call tender. "Be good."

"I will, Mother." He nodded. And then he was off, following in Sirius's path.

Aria was the last standing with Walburga. Her mother frowned down at her.

"Watch after your brothers Aquarius," Walburga ordered.

"I always do," Aria murmured before turning to leave. She was stopped by Walburga's hand falling on her shoulder.

"Do not let that boy tarnish this family's reputation more than he already has." She said lowly. "Anything he does reflects on us and he will not be the only one punished for it."

Aria turned around to face her mother. "You think I can control anything he does?"

"You'd be a fool to think you can't." She responded unflinchingly. "Now go."

Walburga's words echoed in Aria's head the entire walk to the train.

***

"Did you Evans today? Still gorgeous as ever. Won't say yes to date with me yet but this year I've got it all planned out." James said proudly.