Ch 285: It's You!

At the moment when he sees Mephisto sitting there, Lin Ye was stunned, because the other party's face looks familiar, almost nostalgic.

Until he recalls the most recent dream he dived into, the face of the boy who had not yet grown up in the dream gradually merged with the mature Mephisto in front of him.

In other words, after seeing them so many times in dreams, he finally meets up with him in reality.

"Mephisto..." Lin Ye calls out the other party's name in a deep voice.

The person in question raised his eyebrows, a little surprised.

"Hoh? You know who I am?"

Lin Ye didn't answer.

He remembers that crazed lunatic boy, who kills pets and people in the alley with a smile, just for his 'research'. Mephisto didn't recognize him either, because he did not show his face at all in his dream...

"Not much of a talker huh? No matter." Mephisto nods slightly, "Honestly, I admire your tenacity and resourcefulness. Only a few can escape from me when I want to kill them. But you, you eluded me three times in a row. Every time there was a life-or-death situation, there always seemed to be a woman who would come out to save you. The first is an Abyssal hunter, the second is the Karlan's God, and the third is the Lupo." He said it in a mocking tone.

Lin Ye's eyelids twitched. Abyssal Hunter? Does he mean Skadi? How does he know so much?

"Wherever Rhodes Island goes, The Reunion will always be there." Mephisto says lightly, seemingly answering Lin's question, "What you are after is the financial resources of the Karlan trade, and we also have the same objective."

"Don't put me in the same league as you," Lin Ye says coldly, his face grim. "We aren't the same."

"I can understand your feelings. From your standpoint, we are indeed enemies." Mephisto slowly revealed his iconic smile, "But what can you do right? An enemy is an enemy, it's simple logic that I won't dispute it.... I just want to know; do you dare to approach in front of me like this? Is there any support hiding somewhere here? As far as I know, the Abyssal hunter is not here. The God of Karlan is also far away up in the holy mountain, and she never interfered with things in Kjerag. As for the Lupo, she was injured by my subordinates. Even if she's still alive, there is no way for her to fight, right?"

He says confidently, "Well? Who else will come this time? Who will save you now? The little girl behind you? Enciodas who is fighting for power hundreds of miles away? There is no one here to help you now"

He smirks at Lin Ye.

"Are you ready to die?"

Lin Ye sighs at Mephisto's almost crazy expression.

He didn't change at all. He thought in his mind.

He is still exactly the same as in the dreams. Lin Ye was curious about what kind of person Mephisto is, compared to his child form. But he's just as crazy, no- even crazier now than when he was a kid.

How do I deal with him? Lin Ye thought.

He originally thought that Mephisto would go after the sisters. The young Mephisto did not see any special powers and would be easily defeated by Lin Ye in the dreams, but he cannot underestimate him now.

Lin Ye didn't know what Arts he has. However, Mephisto will not be weaker than his infant self in the dream. Lin Ye, on the other hand, is much weaker than himself in the dream. He is still exhausted from earlier, if he's in top form, he would've used Maple to attack, using Wave Leaping Strike to finish him off. But, given how tired he is right now, that will be impossible.

So, he did the most reasonable thing to do.

He raises the Vector and shoots at Mephisto's head.

He did not care about the bullets as he empties the mag, he squeezed the trigger like a vice.

Mephisto didn't move or flinch. He smiled at the other side of the dining table as in front of him a thick ice wall appeared and protected him from Lin Ye's bullets.

Even though Lin Ye knows that using the Vector to break through the ice wall is pointless, he continues to shoot to relieve his stress.

The gunshot ceased after a few seconds.

"The guardian gun's that the Sankta have is indeed a very good weapon choice.", Mephisto smiled and shook his head, "But it seems that you are not doing well with your finances, Is that the reason for the lack of bullets?" He said in a mocking tone.

Lin Ye did not react at all.

Mephisto continued, "Obviously, you mainly use a sword... And yet, you used a gun to fight, Are you not confident with your skills?" Lin Ye knew that Mephisto liked to use his opponent's emotion against themselves and he liked to use words to disturb the enemy's mentality.

Lin Ye is a psychologist and would not fall into such a low-level strategy. But what puzzles Lin Ye is that Mephisto is buying time, But why? This question was answered in the next second, although it was not in the way that Lin Ye is willing to know.

A woman's heart-piercing scream sounded in the backyard.

Lin Ye's face changed greatly when he heard it.

He realizes that it was Irene's scream just now.

Mephisto smiles gently, "And our little game is over, it's your loss."

Lin Ye bursts into action.

He drops the Vector, fighting his tired body's protests, pulls out Maple, and rushes towards Mephisto.

He smiles and waits for Lin Ye to attack confidently.

"You have to pay for the wrong things you did!", Lin Ye shouts loudly, "Remember that night! Mephisto, you will always remember it, remember all the things I did to you!"

Familiar words that he has heard before...

At that moment, reality and dream seem to have merged together for Mephisto. He sees the black shadow rushing towards him in the mask, and the fear in his heart magnified in an instant, His face contorted into fear.

He points to Lin Ye and shouts in a terrified voice, trying to back away from him, "It's you!"

Seeing his chance appear, Lin Ye smiles and then slashes down on Mephisto's head.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Weebly & Lenkasashi

Edit by Jaq