Chapter 7: Nuit Rouge

☼ Elias ☼

Twelve days away, and twelve dreams about Maeve. I won't lie and say they were innocent dreams because they most definitely were not.

To make matters worse she hasn't even texted or called at all! I don't even know why I want to hear from her so bad.

"Luca you can't have vodka for breakfast, it's 6 in the morning!" I hear Alz yell when I walk into the kitchen of our villa.

"Yea but it's 11 pm in New York!" Luca snatches the bottle from Alz. She looks at Marcus for help but he just shrugs and eats his cereal.

I guess I'll have to do something about this. I take the bottle from Luca and slap him upside the head, "We have business to deal with. I don't want you drunk, dip shit." I say, setting the bottle on the counter. Luca lets out an exaggerated sigh and grabs a bowl of cereal.

"Thank you but-" Alz says snatching the packet of gummy bears from my hand, "-you can't have gummy bears for breakfast either!"

"What, why, since when?" I can eat whatever I want for breakfast I'm a grown man! "I guess I'll have coffee" I trudge over to the coffee machine and pour myself a mug.

"We wouldn't have this problem if you could make French toast like Maeve..." Luca mumbles under his breath.

He's a goner.

Alz walks over to one of the drawers and pulls out a knife then runs over to Luca, Marcus jumps out of his seat and grabs Alz. "I am not your mother!" Alz waves the knife around giving Marcus an opportunity to take it away. "Apologize now!" Alz breaks free of Marcus and tackles Luca.

"Ow, ok! Please stop tickling me, I'm sorry!" Luca cries out. Alz gets off him and flips him off.

"It's 6- fucking -am. Shut up!" Marcus finally speaks, "damn now I want French toast!"

"It was good, real fucking good," I say recalling the memory of that day. The image of Maeve bent over in her white pleated skirt pops up in my head and I force myself to push the image from my mind. "I'm gonna go shower, be ready to go when I'm done, we're meeting Fedir in two hours," I chug down the last of my coffee and leave the kitchen.

After my long, cold shower I sit on my bed with a towel wrapped around my waist. I grab my phone from the bedside table and check for any new messages.

Olena- heard you were back, you up for a fun time? ;)
6:48 am

Olena, the last person I slept with. While having some business meetings with Fedir I was also finding some opportunities to have a little fun.

I'm disgusted with myself when I consider it for a second.

How should I respond? Oh, wait I know.

*Block Contact*

I swipe out of iMessages and go to Instagram. My Instagram is pretty basic, I don't have much of a use for one.

I scroll through to waste some time, when I'm about to close the app I read 'suggested accounts- maebearrr'. I click on it and see photos of Maeve, some with Sabrina and Alz. I tap on one of the images of Maeve holding out her paint-covered hands. She also has paint on her face, and the bucket hat she's wearing.