~ 14 ~

Maya's Pov:

Maya's Pov:

Both of us came down after freshening up. Ammamma and Janu Maa are sitting in the dining area and gossiping. Mavayya and Babay are watching the news. Attayya and Akka are in the kitchen. Where are the remaining people? I went and sat beside Janu Maa. I took some fruits from her and started cutting them. Avi went to the living room.

She caressed my hair lovingly and asked, "How are you feeling now, Ammu?"

"I'm fine, Janu Maa. I'm sorry, I made all of you guys worry," I said, looking down.

"You really made all of us worry. Take care of yourself, Ammu. And your eating habits are worse than those of a child. Even Vansh and Varsha eat better than you," said Ammamma.

I pouted, listening to her words.

She looked at me sternly and said, "What? Don't give me those looks now. You were just playing with the food. I will ask Anitha to prepare a diet chart for you. If you didn't eat properly, Kittu will be punished."

I smiled, listening to her.

(Gayatri is Avinav's paternal grandma)

He sat in the seat opposite mine and said, "This is nice, darling. Why will I get punished if she doesn't eat properly?"

"Because it's your responsibility to take care of my daughter," Janu Maa said, teasing him.

"Atta, it's difficult to look after this stubborn kid," he said, looking at me mischievously.

I narrowed my eyes at him and asked him, "Did you just say I'm a kid?"

"Is there any doubt? Did you see your height? You are just looking like Jerry in front of me. By the way, even Jerry eats more than you," he said, showing his tongue to me.

"Did you just say that I'm Jerry?" I asked, looking angrily at him.

"Any doubt? If you have doubt, by chance, just look at your fingers and feet. And, yeah, not to forget, look at your height," he teased me.

That's it. The next moment, I was chasing him. But he was taking advantage of his long legs, and I was not able to catch him. Why does he have to be so tall? (I said to myself, pouting in my mind.)

"Aww, Jerry couldn't catch me," he said, agitating me.

That's it; let me catch him. I will show him what this Jerry can do. I could hear cheers behind me. Maybe everyone has come. I was running behind him when I bumped into something hard. Oops, that's a person. I scolded that person for coming in the middle, while he said sorry. I was rooted in my place, listening to the voice. I looked up only to see my best friend standing in front of me. Didn't he go on a tour? When did he return? Why did he come now? Did his anger melt? Or did Taara Akka force him to come here? I just moved from there to the kitchen without saying anything. I saw Akka and Attayya preparing dinner.