"He is bad, Eva. "

"Pretty ladies and handsome gentlemen, I would like to grab your attention and introduce the reason for this party. Meet my son Ace Parker and his beautiful wife Eva Parker."

John said and a round of applause followed as everyone looked at me and Ace while I tried to suppress the weird feeling that came to me when someone called me Eva 'Parker'.

I gave the best smile I could give being so nervous because of so many people giving me attention and Ace's hands around my waist didn't help either.

You may this that such small touches should mean nothing to me but if someone is in my position that it would definitely affect them. You see, I have been on my own since years and trust me when I say that my childhood was nothing close to a normal one. I have got love from only selected people, Jake and Jess and now from this family, well of course except from Ace. I am not used to being held by someone other than Jake and Jess because they are the only ones close to me since years. So you see why I get all nervous and flustered when someone holds me. And today, it is happening a lot.

I am not exactly uncomfortable by Ace touch, it's just kind of weird.

I have started to get many weird feelings - Ace's touch, being called a Parker. What the hell is it?

My chain of thoughts was broken by a squeeze on my waist by one and only, Mr. Apathetic. I looked up at him to glare at him when he did that bending down thing again and whispered in my ears - "Stop zoning out. People are asking questions you also have to answer them."

I looked at front to see what he was saying and that is when I noticed a couple standing in front of us looking at us lovingly.

Oh. okay.

"You two look lovely together. How long have you being married? " The lady in mid 40s asked.

"It's been about a month." I said politely.

"Oh. May god bless you two and congratulations!" The man said and they went.

Many people came to us after that saying 'congratulations', ' may god bless you', 'hope you two have a beautiful life together', and one went as far as saying ' May god bless you with kids soon.' to which I just chuckled idiotically while Ace looked at me like I was a ghost.

Well, it's not my fault. How can someone say something like that to us? I mean we can't even stay in the same room for one night and they expect us to procreate children like us? 

What?

I shook my head and just smiled at people who came to us. Now I was really getting tired. Then a woman in mid 20s came to us. She was easily one of the most beautiful women I have seen and also the most fashionable ones. The ones who are models in Victoria Secret. She was looking all stylish and posh and had a kind of sneery vibe - is that even a vibe?

Anyways, she came to us and jumped to hug Ace thereby completely ignoring me. 

"Hey baby. How you doing?" She said in her velvety voice. Eww.

"Hello Carinae. I am good." Ace said in a straight voice.

"I left for a year and two and you got married? That's not fair baby." She said in her sultry voice.

"Why are you here Carinae?" Ace asked in a formal voice.

"Oh com'on. I know you missed me. Stop pretending like you are in love with this ugly little thing because you and I both know that you don't fall in love." She said desperately.

Uhh. No offense but isn't she really a bitch?

"Excuse me Miss Carinae but can you please stop being a bitch and stop insulting me while I am here. If you want to fuck Ace then get your ass away from me and yeah, if he's willing- take him with you." I said in a voice that Katherine uses in Vampire Diaries.