Chapter 15

I woke up startled, the alarm ringing on the night stand. Groaning loudly, I took the alarm and threw it across the room, breaking it into pieces. 

Then went back to sleeping in my soft bed. Soft? When did I have a soft bed? In puzzlement I jerked my eyes wide open and looked around, frowning at my unfamiliar surrounding.

Did I get kidnapped last night?

Slowly, I pulled the covers away and stood on my feet, stretching my toes on the cold tile. Then I jumped up in shock as a knock sounded on the door. 

"Get ready. We're leaving in 30 minutes"

I blinked. Who's that? The voice was very familiar but I couldn't put a name to it. So I strode to the door and opened it.

On the other side stood Ian Kingston, dressed in a black suit, tapping on his phone.

I gasped. "What are you doing here?"

Ian glanced up and frowned. "I live here"

"What-" I looked around, noticing there was absolutely nothing that could resemble Lexi's apartment. Fuck!

"I'm still in your house?"

Ian nodded.

"Why?"

"You slept on the pool bench and I didn't want to wake you up"

"That's nonsense. You should have woken me-" I stopped and narrowed my eyes. "If I slept on the pool bench how come I'm here?" I said gesturing to the bed.

Ian smiled. "I carried you sweetheart. Now get ready. We're gonna be late"

"For what?" I shrieked.

"For the workshop. Our flight is at 4" He tapped on his watch. "and also pack your clothes from that garbage bag" He pointed to the bag at the corner of the room, in which I had stuffed my clothes earlier. 

"Hurry up"

"Wait-" But he was gone.

Still in confusion, I managed to take a shower in a jaw dropping luxurious bathroom and got dressed into black pants and a light pink chiffon top.

I packed my clothes into a suitcase that I found inside the walk in wardrobe and a man in black suit came and took it downstairs, asking me to follow him.

I did as he told and wearily reached the Prescott's parking lot, which had the most expensive cars in all of New York. My eyes were still trying to flutter close as I was too sleepily to get a good grasp of my surroundings so I paid a little less attention to things that doesn't concern me. Like the cars here - which I would die to see under normal circumstances.

The man loaded my luggage to the trunk and asked me to get in the car.

"Don't kidnap me" I yawned.

"Miss Evans please get in the car"

"You don't have to cover my eyes. I don't remember roads" I yawned again.

"Miss Evans-"

"Hailey. Get in the car" I spun around as I heard a deep voice behind me. It was Ian Kingston, striding towards the car with Daniel beside him.

He walked past me and opened the car door. "Get in"

I scowled. "Stop ordering me"

"Get in please"

"Asshole" I muttered and stomped over to the car, climbing onto the backseat. Ian closed the door and walked around, getting into the car from the other side.